How Devon uses Trello to manage marketing + her fountain pen collection

36 comments

Devon Henderson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2019

@Ruud S I’m so sorry I am just now replying to you! What I’ve actually done is switch to using one card per project and putting tasks as checklists on that one card for my smaller projects, and creating a separate board for each larger one, as at this point in my work almost every larger project involves collaborating with coworkers.

But what I would suggest you do to fit most seamlessly into this setup is to create a Completed Tasks board, where you send your done list every month. I did this for years and it works great! You can use Butler to automate the creation of a Completed list for every month, and then at the end of the month to send it to the Completed Board. Let me see if I can find my old one so you can see what that board would eventually look like...

Ah! Here we go: 

screenshot.png

This way you can keep all of the labels for each project but remove them from your actionable board. This becomes an archive board of sorts, and yeah, it’ll have a million labels on it - but that’s okay, because you want them there :) Then you can safely delete the labels from your actions board and know they’re safe on this one.

Hope that makes sense!

@Marcos Dias Alves Oh my goodness! Your board is wonderful! I’m envious of your Rubinblack Studio, and I hope you get that Czar Nikolai MB - it’s stunning.

Like Viktoriya Borisova likes this
Jason August 21, 2019

This is awesome 

Hubert Kut
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2019

Awesome, keep it going and thanks for inspiration! :) 

Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2019

Interesting post! Thanks!

Vinod Ramadoss
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2019

Thanks Devon, great insights, got to know something new today - GTD

Am new to atlassian user community, and am excited being part of this community, looking forward to connect more, Many thanks.

Like # people like this
Vinod Ramadoss
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 9, 2019

Very interesting article, Thanks Devon

Like # people like this
Beth Crossen September 11, 2019

I'm relatively new to Trello and I'm finding it amazing for keeping a less-than-organized me on track!  But then I see your fountain pen board and suddenly I need a whole day to arrange my new hiking board that I'm envisioning!  Way to make work thingys fun.  Thanks!

Like # people like this
Libu B November 27, 2019

Thanks Devon. You had me at Trello :) Trello.png

Like # people like this
Emily Koch
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 30, 2020

I love seeing all these boards being used for personal things, not just business decisions. Though that Pizza Now card makes me want pizza. Mmmm...

Like # people like this
Jeff Tomband May 7, 2020

Is there a powerup that will allow you to show a whole board as a card on another board?

Bella Smith December 16, 2021

I am a Digital Marketing Head. I am also SEO consultant at Sheknowsfinance.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events