Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get a first look at Trello's new sidebar!

Editor's note: Trello Teams are now Workspaces. You might see us mention Teams in a few places as we're going through these changes. Thanks for your patience!

Exciting news! Pretty soon we’ll begin rolling out a new sidebar navigation in Trello. We’re adding this sidebar to make it easier for you to find and manage your boards and views within your workspace. Let’s take a tour:

First step: open up a Trello board. The sidebar is located on the left side of your open board, and can be collapsed or expanded to your preferences. When expanded, you’ll be able to view all your boards and views within this team. This will make it easier for you to hop from different projects or initiatives faster. 

board2_final2.png

Down the sidebar, boards are grouped by 3 categories: 

Starred boards: Any boards within your teams that you have “favorited” will show up here first. 

Workspace views: Trello is also in the midst of rolling out team-level views of work beyond the board layout. Business Class and Enterprise users will be able to see a dashboard and timeline view of all Trello boards in your team. 

Boards: Any boards that you’re a member of within that team will be displayed alphabetically in this group. There is also a link at the bottom that brings you to the team boards page, where you can see all team boards for which you have access.

A small blue dot in the sidebar indicates whether there has been activity on a board since you last viewed it.

Search Your Boards Across All Your Workspaces

At the top of your board is a workspace switcher button. If you have multiple workspaces, you are able to navigate across them here, or create a new one.

board_final1.png

Next to the team switcher button is the global search bar. Clicking into the search bar displays a Jump To menu where you can quickly access all your starred and recently viewed boards, as well as search for any of your boards across multiple workspaces. This is especially helpful if you’re not sure which workspaces a board belongs to.

jump_to_new.png

FAQ

Where is my boards button? I can’t find my boards!

You can now find all your boards in the new left hand sidebar. In your sidebar, boards are broken down by their workspaces. Read more about workspaces here.

How can I see all my boards across all my workspaces? 

The new sidebar shows you all your boards within a selected workspace. However, if you have multiple workspaces, you can still see all your boards on your Boards page, accessed via the Home icon or Trello logo in the header. You can also search for boards across all workspaces in the “Jump to” search bar in the top navigation bar.

What is a workspace?

We are in the process of renaming Trello teams to “workspaces.”

What happened to my recent boards in this menu? 

You can see all your recent boards by clicking into the “Jump to” search bar in the global header. Additionally, they appear under “Recently visited” on your boards page.

Where can I get more information about the new sidebar? 

Check out our help doc here.

What do you think of the new sidebar navigation? Let us know in the comments below!

2 comments

Ryan Connaughton October 8, 2021

This has broken all my shortcut keys on the mac desktop app (cmd + 1/2/3) to quickly switch between boards and there is no obvious way to revert back to the original version.

How can I go back to the original?

Stacy
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 12, 2021

@Ryan Connaughton sorry about that!  We discovered this too and put up a fix for it and will be working again in the next desktop app deployment.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events