Enhancing the Employee Experience with Trello

I am currently leading the development and implementation of a Talent Strategy for an organization. It is exactly the kind of work I am passionate about; as employees are an organization’s greatest assets. Being able to work on a strategy targeted to improving an employees’ experience is extremely rewarding.

The Talent Strategy covers the full life cycle of an employee – from the culture of an organization, to recruitment and onboarding, retention, learning and development, to succession planning and knowledge transfer. I used Trello to capture the best practices from the organization and I included material from my fact-finding/knowledge gathering conversations I had with various experts in the field.

TMboard1.png

Next, I had a sampling of conversations with the organization’s employees in various regions, positions and experience levels – using the feedback model: what is working well in each stage of the employee lifecycle, what is tricky and what could be, as well as hearing their experiences as an employee.

I was then able to analyze the data from these discussions, and pinpoint which areas needed focus, to utilize and develop initiatives that would be best suited to make the most difference in the employee experience.

TMboard2.png

I then developed an infographic with the recommended actions, and now my team and I are implementing all aspects of the Talent Strategy. We are using the Trello board to collaborate on key pieces, and to continue to collect resource materials to assist us as we move forward. It has been an amazing experience and I am really enjoying the full process.

I would love for you to share any best practices or initiatives that your organization has implemented to enhance the overall employee experience. Thank you in advance!

4 comments

Sebastien Jacques
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2019

@Jodi LeBlanc very interesting application. I have considered an 'Onboarding process' board to help new employees. I guess you could create a board for each of your columns to track individual progress :-).

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2019

Thanks @Sebastien Jacques , here is a great sample onboarding board via Trello Inspiration:

https://trello.com/b/qr3AcASr/new-hire-onboarding

It is a great template to adapt for your own use :)

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 27, 2019

That's a massive board Jodi, I really have to take a closer look at all of the information. So far we've been using a Trello Board for onboarding but your holistic view of the employee lifecycle looks really interesting to me. Thank you! :)

Like Jodi LeBlanc likes this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2019

Thanks Max, yes it's quite massive as many of the list scroll down as well. That's great that you are using Trello for Onboarding, it really improves the user/employee experience :)

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events