cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manager's Best Friend: People Management Board

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2019

I am getting many great ideas from the Trello Inspiration pages these days. One in particular is the People Management board. This board developed by Keven Lee, Director of Marketing at Buffer is golden. What an incredible idea to have a Trello board listing all of your team members, so that you can remember important dates, their kids or dogs names, how they like to be appreciated, their career interests and other unique facts about your employees.

peoplemgmt.png

Sometimes we spend more time with our work team then we do our own family, a secret to a healthy thriving team is having a connection - getting to know your team, and when you remember things about them that they told you in a conversation previously, they instantly feel appreciated. At least that is the case for me -especially when my Manager asks me about my dog Max, or if I have been out paddle boarding lately, or remembers a special date like my birthday or work anniversary.

people management board.png

Remembering these unique facts for a larger team can be challenging, so why not use your external memory (aka Trello) to keep track for you. Your team will be very impressed with your super sharp memory recall. 

Another great exercise you can do with your team (and later record the info on your People Management board) is the #UserManualForMe. I have used this with my teams and have found it to be incredibly helpful, especially in the areas of how they like to receive appreciation and feedback.

IMG_2383.jpg

Would love to hear your tips and tricks on how you remember unique facts about the teams that you manage or your team mates in general. Please share in the comments below :)

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events