Power-Up Spotlight: Butler

Jonny Adams
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2018

This is the first installment of "Power-Up Spotlight". I will be spotlighting a different Power-Up a couple of times a month.

Our first spotlight is on Butler. Butler helps to automate your Trello boards. You can schedule automations, create rules that trigger automations, or create buttons that you can use to manually trigger an automation. 

ButlerForTrello.png

My pal, coworker, and Trello group co-leader, @Michael Wolfe, and I use Butler to automatically "clean up" lists, deliver additional notifications to the people that need it, and make sure due dates are properly marked when a card transitions to Complete. It is a time saver and it's actually fun to create automations.

Next month Michael will be presenting use cases for Butler in Trello as well as leading a workshop at our DFW Trello User Group event in Arlington. Stop by if you are in the area.

You can checkout some of the automation in action in this YouTube video.

2 comments

Comment

Michael Wolfe
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2018

That's right!  I'm cookin up some tasty automation's in Butler just to tease your palate.

If there is a Power-Up that you would like to do a workshop on, reach out to myself or @Jonny Adams and we'll get one setup.

Like # people like this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2018

@Jonny Adams This is awesome! I've shared your link with the creator of Butler, Oscar. 😄

Like Jonny Adams likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events