Holiday Season Management with Trello

Kaitlynn Tillett November 15, 2018

October-January is a busy time of year for my family, and I'm sure most people can relate. Between Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years, there is a lot going on and it can be tough to keep track of everything that needs to get done. A few years ago, my dad introduced the idea of a Kanban board to help manage the tasks we had to complete. We put sticky notes on our cabinets, right in the middle of the kitchen where everyone could see, and got to work. With everything right in front of us, we didn't forget anything or become overwhelmed, and time management became easier by leaps and bounds. We now use a family Kanban board in Trello to manage busy weekends throughout the year!

My question to you is: how can you use Trello to help manage your busy end-of-the-year schedule? Have you ever used or considered using Trello outside of a work environment? I'm looking forward to reading your responses and finding new ways to use Trello for personal management!

1 comment

Comment

Jonny Adams
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2018

@Kaitlynn Tillett I have two boards for Christmas. The first board is just for lists. It has 3 lists that are titled "Family", "Friends", and "Others". I use a card under each with a person's name as the title and add a checklist for each one with gift ideas. My other board is a project board. I have all of my tasks under lists such as "Decorations", "Egg Nog" (it's a very involved aged eggnog), "Christmas Eve", "Christmas Day", and "Gift Shopping". A very nifty feature is that you can open one of the cards, click on Attachment, select Trello, and add a card from another board then relate those cards. For instance, I add each family member card from my Family list on my Christmas Gift List board to the Family card on my Christmas Planning board. That way you can click back and forth between related cards on different boards quickly and easily.

Screen Shot 2018-11-15 at 3.07.13 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-11-15 at 3.10.15 PM.png*Another tip* You can drag from your browsers address bar into a card. It makes saving gift ideas very simple.

Like Kaitlynn Tillett likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events