Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conquer Confluence Permissions

Ben Thoma
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 14, 2020

On July 14, 2020 Atlassian University hosted a webinar about how to Conquer Confluence Permissions. If you have continued questions related to this webinar or your exam preparation, please ask them here!

Watch the full recording and find more resources here

4 comments

Comment

Jayesh Baviskar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2020

While copying restricted pages from one space to another space, does page restrictions also gets copied to new location of the restricted pages?

Emma Rush _T_D_ July 14, 2020

Hi there Jayesh, restrictions will be taken with the page. 

I did a quick Loom here to demonstrate. 

https://www.loom.com/share/bed48d0a8e444b239ec707fea87c3d80

Cheers,

Emma

Dani Pfettscher July 14, 2020

We’ve had Confluence server for 7 years and do not have a confluence-administrators group that was created by the system and has the built in permissions mentioned in this webinar. Can this group be created during an upgrade of Confluence? Or can it be created somehow?

Hi Dani, I'd need to understand more about your Server instance and the way it's set up. Are you hosting, or a third party? And you're definitely using Confluence Server, not Cloud? Something to do with the way you manage users? AD/LDAP etc? Is it something related to a third-party app?

It sounds like this is something that was intentional. You can re-create the group, but as this is probably something that's set up by design you might not want to. 

David Lau July 14, 2020

We are using a Macro to display a background (picture attached to a page). Do external users need access to the background macro to view that background image?

Hi David, thank you for your question.

It sounds like you're using a user (custom) macro, or something 3-party. Can you find out? If you let me know more detail, I can give a fuller answer.

Anonymous users would need access to wherever the image was stored in order to see the image rendered in a page. So, if it's stored in Confluence, they would need access to that page. If it's hosted elsewhere, they'd need access to where it was hosted. 

Nicketa Kumar July 14, 2020

If we copy one confluence space to another, is there any option to update links as well?

What happens to the restricted pages.

Hi Nicketa, thanks for your question. Do you mean copy a page into another space?

If so, the links inbound and outbound will still work. 

If you copy a page into another space and there are restrictions applied, they will carry over. You will need to have add/delete restrictions Space permissions in the destination Space. 

I created a quick loom where I moved the page rather than copied it, but the result is the same. 

https://www.loom.com/share/2cc9f494c3e74e8d893779ea0817c64b

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events