APB-330 Pro Skills Badge Exam Prep Advice

Wilson Jacobs September 1, 2022

Hi there!

My name is Wilson and I've been using Jira Service Desk and Confluence for about a year now in my work. I'm interested in taking the APB-330 Jira Cloud Essentials with Agile Mindset Pro Skills Badge exam after finishing the Agile Mindset course, but I only scored 1/5 in the sample questions so clearly I could use some more training before the exam lol.

Does anyone have any advice on how best to prep? I'm a visual and interactive learner, and I study best with structure.

Any materials would be very helpful.

Thanks all! Excited to join the community.

Best,

-Wilson

3 comments

Comment

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2022

Hi @Wilson Jacobs

wow, this is indeed a hard question to answer in detail because every learner is an individual after all. What me helped the most is hands-on experience, in areas where we do not use Atlassian products specifically to spin up a cloud instance (even free) and learn & check to see where knowledge is missing probably still.

Some more tips were recorded in the past here in Community, for example I liked very much:

Also this article speaks more about general how-tos and there is also a useful link to a blog post which explains a lot:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Training-Certification-questions/How-did-you-learn-for-the-certificate-exam-Confluence-and-JIRA/qaq-p/582676

Happy learning and all of the best luck!

Cheers,
Daniel

Like Wilson Jacobs likes this
Wilson Jacobs September 7, 2022

Hard question indeed, but thanks so much for taking the time to provide a thorough answer! 

Likewise I learn best from hands-on experiences, so I think I'll start with your suggestion and generate a separate cloud instance as a sandbox to immerse myself in the spaces I'm unfamiliar with and use the links you sent above to get a bit of structure.

Thanks again for your help!

Cheers,

-Wilson

Joanna Thurmann
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 6, 2022

Hi @Wilson Jacobs , You can download and review the exam topics listed on the exam page APB-330 Jira Cloud Essentials with Agile Mindset Pro Skills Badge and then review Atlassian documentation and University courses to fill in the knowledge gaps, including options from Atlassian University's Free Training Catalog. I hope that helps. Best wishes for success.

Like Wilson Jacobs likes this
Wilson Jacobs September 7, 2022

Thanks @Joanna Thurmann ! I can't believe I didn't consider using the training catalog courses before but I'll definitely use them now to get a better sense of my knowledge gaps in the jira space. Great recommendation!

Best,

-Wilson

Like Joanna Thurmann likes this
Pål November 18, 2022

Hi @Wilson Jacobs 

Did you already take your exam? If so, did you feel you would be well enough prepared by only going through the Jira Cloud Essentials with Agile Mindset course? 

I also felt that topics from some of the sample questions wasn't properly covered in the Agile Mindset Course. 

Wilson Jacobs November 28, 2022

Hey @Pål ! Apologies for my delayed response - 

I didn't end up taking the exam as got caught up with work. I definitely did not feel prepared enough to take the exam just by going through the course, so I would recommend Joanna and Daniel's comments above to develop your own training course to fill out the additional knowledge gaps. 

Hope this helps and good luck!

Best,

-Wilson 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events