Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I remove epics and children tickets from a filter?

Sara Creenan _M_T_ December 3, 2020

Is there a way to create a filter where we remove specific epics and all children under neath the parent in the filter.

3 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rodney Nissen - ReleaseTEAM
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2020

I don't think this has anything to do with deleting a filter.  I think they are looking for a JQL that filters out not only a specific epic, but it's children as well.

If I had to do it, the JQL would look like:

issuekey not in (EPC-123) AND ("Epic Link" not in (EPC-123) or  or "Epic Link" is EMPTY)

where EPC-123 is the issue key to your epic. 

Use an "AND" to join this to the rest of your epic, and you should be good to filter out Epics and issue from your query.  If you need to further filter out subtasks of issues belonging to that epic, things get complicated.  If you are on Server, I'm not sure if it's possible without an App, to be honest.

HOWEVER, If you are on Cloud, you can use

issuekey not in (EPC-123) and parentEpic not in (EPC-123)

To get the desired results, subtasks and all.

0 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2020
0 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2020
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events