Looking ahead to new Certifications and Badges in 2021

February 2021 marked a moment of change for Atlassian Certifications. Let’s review what we updated and look forward to our upcoming Certifications!

(Link to our October 2020 retirement announcement.)

Updated Certification Titles

You may have noticed these changes to your existing Certifications.

(Data Center or Server: worried about preparing on one or the other? Exams are agnostic between Data Center and Server, so you can prepare using either platform.)

Coming in 2021

We’re planning new Cloud and Data Center Certifications and Badges in 2021. Here is just a sampling of what we’re queuing up for you in the next 6 months. More will be added later in 2021.

Jira Software

• Certification in Managing Jira Projects for Data Center*
  • Skillbuilder Courses and Pro Skills Badges for Managing Users, Managing Permissions and Managing Notifications in Jira Software Cloud.

Jira Service Management

• Certification in Managing Jira Service Projects for Cloud*
  • Skillbuilder Courses and Pro Skills Badges for key Jira Service Management topics including Notifications and Knowledge Bases, as well as an update to the JQL in Jira Service Desk Badge.

Confluence

• Pro Skills Badge for Confluence Space Administration (for all platforms), which replaces the retired Confluence Server Administration Certification*

*These three offerings also contribute to your progress on the path to Atlassian Certified Master.

Certifications Retiring in 2024 & Your Next Steps

Exam availability for these Certifications ended on 28 February 2021. Your credential is recognized until 2 February 2024.  Two retiring credentials require you to earn Badges to keep them active.

Stay tuned in 2021 for information about simplified bridge paths OR special price promotions for Certification holders, to get you into the newer credentials**. 

Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 1.44.42 PM.png

**The System Administrator Certification will not have a replacement.

31 comments

Comment

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2021

Thank you for providing this information @Julia!

Like # people like this
Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2021

Wow!! That's great news! Thanks, for sharing the update!

Like Ben Thoma likes this
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2021

Many thanks for the information.

Cheers

Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 28, 2021

@Julia , thanks for the informations!

It means that I'll have an opportunity to try myself in two Badges in 2021 for ACP-300 and ACP-400. 

Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2021

Thank you for the update!

Jenine Ellis March 3, 2021

I have used Atlassian products for years and have always appreciated how informed they keep their users of improvements.  This is good information.

Manuel Bastardo Castellano
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 4, 2021

Hi @Julia can you give me more details? like when will be available the Pro Skills Badge for Confluence Space Administration? I’m waiting this to get the ACM...

Thanks for the information 

Like # people like this
Sharon Helms
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 4, 2021

Thanks for the update!

Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 5, 2021

That's great. Thank you for keeping us posted on the certification updates.

Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 8, 2021

@Julia thanks for the update. 

It would be helpful to understande how to achieve ACM with 

• Certification in Managing Jira Service Projects for Cloud* 

when I look at https://www.atlassian.com/university/certification/certifications/acs is very clear how APB-CSA Confluence Space Administration Pro Skills Badge (Coming in 2021) is contributing, but not as Service Projects will be. 

i.e - Can I hold 2 certs ACP-JSD  + the new one would count as the APB-CSA ?

Sebastian Adam March 10, 2021

Hi @Julia and thx for the update on the certification paths. I passed my first Atlassian certification today and want to continue to earn the Atlassian Certified Master in 2021. Now i read on the page that title and requirements for certified master will change - is there already a timeline on this when requirements are defined or did i miss something? Thanks for your support! :) Best, Sebastian

Like # people like this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2021

That's much needed information and next steps, thank you @Julia 

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 25, 2021

@Julia Thanks for sharing the updates! Is there going to be any replacement certification for Confluence Administrator for Data Center, if it is going to retire in 2024?

Rodney Nissen
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 25, 2021

How did I miss this for so long? Thank you for the update @Julia 

Julia
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 25, 2021

@Taranjeet Singh , for Confluence, we'll be releasing a Pro Skills Badge for Confluence Space Administration, that is agnostic between Cloud and Data Center.   At this time, we're not planning a full certification for Confluence Administration.

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 29, 2021

Hi Julia,

thank you so much for the update. Can't wait for the new Badges/Certifications and it's great to know what you are planning.

Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 30, 2021

Thanks for the update @Julia . 

Excited to try Atlassian Badges and Certifications.

-Sri

leonardo_moreno82 April 26, 2021

Thanks for the update!

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 29, 2021

Hi @Julia ,

I just noticed that there is now the ACP-420 (Managing Jira Service Projects for Cloud)

Certification on the University-Site, but that one seems to be still locked, can you share any more information about this?

https://university.atlassian.com/student/activity/890656-acp-420-managing-jira-service-projects-for-cloud

And the ACP-610 (Managing Jira Projects for Data Center Certification) Certification is now available also. As it seems to be very close to the ACP-600 Exam, will there be a Migration Path or do I have to take the full exam again?

Like # people like this
Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 8, 2021

@Julia can you share when we will know about the "migration path" for Jira Service Desk (ACP-400)?
From the page, It sounded there would be no upgrade path for this one, so I got worried...... 

Like # people like this
Julia
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 8, 2021

@Patricia Francezi , we're working on that path and will share the details before the end of September!

Like # people like this
Julia
Atlassian Team
September 8, 2021

Hello @Bastian Stehmann , if you've passed exam ACP-600, then later in 2021 the renewal activity for your credential Project Administration in Jira Server will be an upgrade path directly  to Managing Jira Projects for Data Center. 

Like # people like this
Antreas Solou September 30, 2021

@Julia Regarding the ACP-400 migration. Do we have any news for the Managing Jira Service Projects for Data center edition certification ? 

Julia
Atlassian Team
September 30, 2021

Hi @Antreas Solou , that's not on our roadmap for calendar year 2021.  If you're interested in Jira Service Management certification, you might wish to consider the Cloud edition.  

Antreas Solou October 3, 2021

Hi @Julia , thank you for the quick response. 
Does that mean that the DC version is being left behind Cloud? 
That's a bit disappointing to be honest as there are many of us working on Data Center editions ( that had to move from server due to addon limitations on cloud) and now we cannot get a certification on the version we are working on.
Any plans on making this more of a priority? 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events