Coming July 2021: an all-new 'Training for Jira' App

New features are on the way

Atlassian University’s Training for Jira Marketplace App is being rebuilt to address some of our most consistent feedback. The new app experience will provide:

• an improved user experience
  • better video playback options
  • brand new training content

When to expect changes

• Current app customers: You can continue to use theTraining for Jiraapp just as you do now. You'll be able to update your current app to the newest version on July 1, 2021.
  • New app customers: Starting July 1, 2021 you will be able to start a free 30-day trial of Training for Jira app on Atlassian Marketplace.

Stay in the loop

This page will be updated as timelines get finalized. You can also subscribe to Atlassian University updates to get the most up-to-date news about the rebuilt app’s launch.

Have a question?

Ask away via a comment below. If you are a current app customer, you can also raise a ticket here.

9 comments

Comment

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2021

Thanks for the update @Ben Thoma!

Looking forward to seeing the new changes.

Like Ben Thoma likes this
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2021

Thanks, great news! 🤩

Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2021

That's awesome thanks for sharing the updates!

Andrew DeBell
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 7, 2021

Yes, on July 1, 2021 the new Training for Jira app will be released. Current customers will need to update their app on July 1 to migrate to the new version.

A few more important details to know: After migration, admin functionality and past enrollment history will not be available. These features will be added to the app in the coming months.

As Ben mentioned above, feel free to comment here with any app-related questions. Thanks, all.

Christina Haderer July 1, 2021

Hi,

is it necessary to update the app today? Because really useful trainings are gone with the new version and we cannot remove the cloud trainings etc.

Why some basic trainings are removed?

Best regards
Christina

Felix Sargent
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 12, 2021

Hi @Christina Haderer , I'm the Engineering Manager for Atlassian University. We've added even more courses to the app, have another look and see if the course you were missing is there. Which specific courses are you missing?

We're in the process of adding support for interactive training (SCORM format), and when that feature is released we'll have the complete back catalog available. We're investing a lot of resources into version 3 of Training for Jira and have a lot of great new features coming your way. 

Ben Thoma
Atlassian Team
July 13, 2021

@Christina Haderer I do want to address one part of your question: you will need to update the app by July 15 in order for courses to be available to your installed users. The underlying platform has changed and the former versions will no longer be supported after July 15.

Christina Haderer July 16, 2021

Hi @Ben Thoma and @Felix Sargent ,

thank you for your replies, as I upgraded the plug-in on 1st July not all courses where available. E.g. Jira basis was only available for Cloud, but now all courses are availalbe :)

Thanks!

Best regards
Christina

Shruti Sharma July 27, 2021

My course has disappeared and I don't see the previous courses I took starting June this year, in my learning path either. I was not informed of a need to migrate or that a new platform was being introduced! This is very poor execution of a big change. 

I'm not able to open a support request either. Not sure why. Can someone please help? 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events