Next Gen multiple done status and closing sprints

William Johnston December 7, 2020

I have a next gen project and i've created two done statuses.  One is 'DONE' and one is 'WILL NOT DO'.  On the board, DONE is the rightmost column, and WILL NOT DO is 2nd to the rightmost.

When I close a sprint, the WILL NOT DO issues are moved to the next sprint.  

See screenshot below.

My expected behavior is that any issue with a green status type does not move from sprint to sprint.

Closing Sprint.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2020

That's technically correct.  Your "will not do" issues are not "done" because they are not in the last column on the board, so they will move to the next sprint.

The only way to "fix" this on Next-gen at present, is to have a single "done" status, and record the reason for being done as a field (for example, resolution - can contain entries like fixed, done, won't do, duplicate, etc)

My understanding was that the new workflows that have started to be deployed allow for multiple Done statuses.  When I set an issue in the backlog to WILL NOT DO, and refresh the page, the issue disappears from the backlog (same as when setting the status to DONE).  It seems only to be an problem when an issue is in a sprint.

Your comment about the end end is correct, if I swap the order of the columns on by board, and put WILL NOT DO to the end, those issues "close" correctly and the DONE issues move to the next sprint.

I do see a new items has been added here for coming in 2021 for column mapping.  Hopefully this fixes the issue.  https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/whats-new/next-gen#intheworks 

Workflow.PNG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2020

That is right, although it's not the workflow really.  You will soon be able to put multiple status into the done column.

Thanks!  Hopefully the column mapping functionality is released earlier in 2021

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events