[CLOSED] Be the first: Atlassian University's beta program for new Cloud Certifications

148 comments

Comment

Joanna Thurmann
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 30, 2020

@Inayat N - First, hello Inayat!  So nice to be in touch after all these years; our Jira paths cross again :-) Secondly, the answer is "not really". The reason is that while Jira Cloud and Jira Server have much overlap in terms of the configuration of Jira classic projects, JCA contains quite a lot of content on next-gen projects and also on Organization Admin/Cloud Admin functionality that doesn't exist in Server. You need to be familiar with them. Check out the ACP-120 Jira Cloud Administration Certification Prep Course for USD $50 which will go through all of that material. Also, I highly recommend that you sign up for a free Jira cloud site and play around with the features. Jira Cloud is quite cool; I assure you. :-) Good luck!

Inayat N July 30, 2020

@Joanna Thurmann , yes I think we started with Jira 3.X in 2005 :-).   Thanks for the info.  I'll definitely try to get up speed while the discount is available.

Like Joanna Thurmann likes this
Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2020

Hi - I am interested in taking part in this beta cycle.  I have a server-based background, with minimal cloud exposure.  How difficult will it be for someone with a background like mine to get up to speed with the cloud specifics?

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2020

Hi @Rob Horan ,

I myself switch between both often and the general idea and concepts are the same imho. U just need to know the specific differences that go with user management and cloud management. I’m sure with the prep course u should fly through this. 

Or maybe that’s wishful thinking on my part :)

Joanna Thurmann
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 31, 2020

@Rob Horan Jira Cloud and Jira Server have much overlap in terms of the configuration of Jira classic projects, JCA contains quite a lot of content on next-gen projects and also on Organization Admin/Cloud Admin functionality that doesn't exist in Server. Check out the ACP-120 Jira Cloud Administration Certification Prep Course to learn about that. You can also sign up for a free Jira cloud site and play around with the features. 

ssoto1988 August 7, 2020

The actual demo questions at the en of the ACP-620 tutorial are really hard and tricky, hope the 75 exam questions are not all like that because there are too ambiguous and not easy to understand. 

Like Patricia Francezi likes this
Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2020

ACP-620 exam - done. really difficult to set my mind that the result will come just in september! :( but its the price. lol 

And after today, I really wonder why ACP-600 is not part of ACM, and I suggest to review this decision..... 

Next ACP-120!!!

Like # people like this
Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2020

I have to agree with @Patricia Francezi  - ACP-600 should count.  It was FAR more difficult than it deserved to be, given that it basically counts towards nothing.

Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 7, 2020

@Rob Horan you got the point..... did you take 620 too?

brbojorque
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 8, 2020

I just took the ACP-620 exam, fingers crossed!

I also had a bad time with the proctor, being late and interrupting my concentration. /sigh

Overall I really like the questions, I have enjoy every question that I answered and I actually learned from them.

Next in line for me is ACP-120.

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 10, 2020

@Patricia Francezi  - no, I recently took 600, and have attempted 100 in the past.  Maybe I'm wrong, but it seemed like 600 was nearly as difficult.  More so because there were system admin questions asked but you also had to remember whether or not you had the ability to do those tasks. In that sense 600 is far more difficult.

Romel August 12, 2020

@Patricia Francezi and @Bryan Bojorque any study tips for ACP-620?. I'm scheduled to take it next week.

Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 12, 2020

@Romel in my view the course covers the topics, but if you do not understand anything related to any of it, I suggest to go deep and search for it in docs. 

Special attention to differences related to next-gen and classic projects, permissions, jql, reports, and boards that is 25-35% of exam, as the exam topics says so, is real 

https://www.atlassian.com/university/certification/certifications/exam-acp-620

Like Romel likes this
SyedLinkedIN August 15, 2020

Hi,

I have couple of questions?

1. Is ACP-120 a replacement of ACP-100 and ACP-620 a replacement of ACP-600, in long term?

2. For new Administrators what should be the order of Certification Jira Admin -> Project Admin or Project Admin -> Jira Admin?

Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 16, 2020

@SyedLinkedIN i will avoid to answer the 1st question, because this is a atlassian strategy. although I dont think they would be replaced.

for the second one, I will advise you as I would like to be advised from cert gurus (LOL): do ACP-600 (for server, yes) for starting any path you would like to. It will give you a lot of information, about how jira is built and works, from scratch. And if you already administer an instance, you will see a lot of things that will help you to improve your instance. 

Like SyedLinkedIN likes this
Julia
Atlassian Team
August 17, 2020

All, 

Exam ACP-120 Jira Cloud Administration is simply the Cloud version of ACP-100 Jira Server Administration exam.

ACP-620 is NOT a direct Cloud  corollary to ACP-600, however.  It is more akin to a blend of ACP-600 (for project admins) and ACP-300 (for scrum masters, project leads, etc.)

ACP-600 covered the extended project administration capabilities available in Server, and focused more narrowly.  It did not cover Jira Software-specific features very much.

ACP-620 is broader, still covering project administration, but also focusing on the use of classic and next-gen Scrum and Kanban projects and boards.  

Atlassian Certification Team

Like # people like this
Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 18, 2020

@Julia thanks for the explanation, but yet, its not possible for me understand why ACP-600 is not part of ACM program... 

Its also a really difficult exam, with very detailed information, a big and complete preparation course.

Like # people like this
Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 18, 2020

I have to agree - ACP-600 was far more difficult than it leads people to believe.  Having taken ACP-100 (unsuccessfully) I can tell you that ACP-600, where it overlapped with 100 was equally difficult, and even more so since you need to remember what a Project Admin can and can't do. 

So why did I pass ACP-600 and not 100?  Because the prep material for 600 is light years ahead of what's out there for 100 and 120.

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 20, 2020

@Ben Thoma : There is an awesome study group working on this in The Netherlands. Are there more Beta Seats to add more people!?

Mária Koháry August 25, 2020

Hi. We took the exam ACP-620 with my collegue. Our question is if the free-2nd-attpemt will be avaialble after we get the result, over the end of the period (after 15th September)?

Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 25, 2020

taking advantage of the question above related to retake, what will be the acp-120 retake price? same for beta examers or following the current policy price for retakes?

Like Romel likes this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 25, 2020

Watching the ACP-120 prep course I feel a bit underwhelmed to be honest. It's less of a training course and more of a "these are the points to look at outside of this course" kind off thing.

Having already done ACP-200 and ACP-400 I feel like ACP-620 would have been a better fit to learn more about the JIRA Software side of things (in Cloud).

Then again perhaps ACP-300 in combination with the knowledge in ACP-120 could also do the trick.

ACP-120 is the Cloud version of ACP-100 I guess so that's the basic knowledge then of how to admin a system (but that is then more of an entry level exam/course compared to ACP-200/300/400)

Hard to get a good overview on this just going by the description here :)

@Joanna Thurmann , is there already an equivalent of ACP-300 for cloud? (or is that on the roadmap)?

Or maybe broader will there be cloud variants of all exames? 320/420/220?

Like # people like this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 25, 2020

@Mária Koháry , 

Going by the initial post it states that a free retake for 620 will be available after the beta period. So after 15/09 seems logical  (as they need to check if u didn't pass yet first :))

Not feeling good about your attempt?

Like Mária Koháry likes this
Romel August 25, 2020

The results screen for ACP-620 mentioned that the results will be available within 6-8 weeks after the beta testing period ends (15 September)

Like Dirk Ronsmans likes this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 25, 2020

Jikes!

Doubt I'll have any fingernails left by then :-D

I explicitly scheduled my exam on the 14th so I wouldn't have to wait too long on my result.. this is gonna hurt!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events