Atlassian Certification: 5 Insider Tips for Success [Atlassian University Live Webinar]

certification webinar.png

As part of an ongoing series, Atlassian University offered this free webinar to strengthen your Atlassian product skills and learn directly from Atlassian experts. In this webinar, we discussed our brand-new, free certification exam success course for the ACP-100, Jira Administration for Data Center, and offered 5 concrete tips to help you earn the highly-coveted ACP-100 credential. (If you’re considering the ACP-120 Cloud certification instead, watch the recording anyway, as there’s a sizable overlap between the Data Center and Cloud exams, and you’ll hear directly from the experts who wrote the exam.)

Together we:

• Listed what you don’t need to know for the exam (it might not be as hard as you think!)

• Identified the most crucial concepts, including permissions, project schemes, and system settings.

• Outlined the best end-to-end strategy for success; from setting up a sandbox environment to sitting down at the testing center.

• Answered your questions live throughout the webinar with Atlassian certification experts. (Thanks for all of your great questions!)

WATCH THE RECORDING

This webinar is intended for Jira admins, Jira project admins, and anyone considering earning the ACP-120 or ACP-100 credential. Although the ACP-100 credential is for Jira Data Center/Server, all the same exam tips apply to Jira Cloud as does much of the core exam content.

It was led by @Joanna Thurmann with assistance from @Marie Kent and Emma Rush.

12 comments

Comment

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2022

The session is going with great guns, lots of energy, enthusiasm all around the participants. One more productive webinar's from Atlassian University team.

Please see the event pics on my Visakhapatnam Atlassian chapter event page. 

Panel members.pngTip 4-know the exam mechanics.png

Like # people like this
Marie Kent
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 23, 2022

Here are the topics that are NOT included on the ACP-120 Jira Administrator for Cloud exam.

• Project roadmaps

• Other Atlassian products and non-standard tiers

• API / scripting

• Specific Marketplace apps

• Webhooks

• Listenters

• Mail server configuration

• Translations

• General Configuration Advanced settings

• Advanced Security configurations such as data residency

• Sandboxes

• Issue and project archiving

Like # people like this
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2022

Great Insights!! Thanks

Pero Medic September 5, 2022

I must say that I really enjoyed the seminar. When the answers were opened too quickly I had to laugh so much. However, I watched the video afterwards and pressed pause here before the answer until I could answer them myself. Thank you so much for the video. Really cool! :-) I already recommend and shared it to my collegues in our company.

Here's a question, though:

I always work with JIRA in German so far and my English is not so good. I wanted to take the ACP-100 and ACP-120 exam. Here you can use a dictionary, but I don't use it during my daily work with JIRA. Now using a book in the exam would take time and you translate words freely from context. My question is, is it allowed to use the free version of DeepL if I want to make sure I understand a question? With DeepL I can translate the whole sentence with the meaning.

Because I take my exam online, it's even easier to see that I'm translating and what I'm translating.

To cut a long story short: can I use the free DeepL translator during the exam for translation?

This would then also have to be coordinated with PSI-Online I think

Thank you very much in advance, Pero

Joanna Thurmann
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 6, 2022

@Pero Medic During the exam, you are permitted a hard copy of English or English Translation Dictionary (allowed both online or at testing centers). You cannot use any online dictionaries in either setting. However, the exam questions are written in a way to be clear, concise, and understandable for non-native English speakers without use of colloquial or slang expressions.  Best wishes.

Leandro Azevedo September 13, 2022

I'd like to thank you all, girls, @Jaime Netzer@Marie Kent  , @Joanna Thurmann , and @Emma Rush , for the tips that helped me a lot in the ACP-620 Exam! I PASSED!!! I am very happy and now motivated to study and take the ACP-120, ASBs and in the future, become an Atlassian Expert! I count on you! My dream is to become an Atlassian Expert in Brazil to help other employees to get certified, give courses and help the Brazilian Enterprises and Government to become more efficient deliverying more value to their customers. One more time, THANKS!!!!

Like # people like this
Joanna Thurmann
Atlassian Team
September 13, 2022

@Leandro Azevedo HUGE congratulations to you. You are a rock star.  Boa Sorte!!

Like Leandro Azevedo likes this
Marie Kent
Atlassian Team
September 13, 2022

@Leandro Azevedo Congratulations on earning your certification! 

Like Leandro Azevedo likes this
Geeta Basker February 8, 2023

Hi There,

Would you recommend attending an exam online rather than a testing center considering the fact that there is no exam center near around ?

Thanks,

Geeta

Julia
Atlassian Team
February 8, 2023

Hi @Geeta Basker , if a testing center is very convenient, we often recommend them because there are fewer variables than in online testing.  However, most people do take their tests online, and the probability of a complication is small.  You should go ahead and book your online test if you meet the system requirements.  Scroll down on this page to see more about online testing: https://university.atlassian.com/student/activity/852282-how-to-schedule-and-take-an-atlassian-certification-exam

Sridhar Gandla February 12, 2023

Does any suggest, what are the topics that are NOT included on the ACP-100 Jira Administrator ? Refer previous post from  @Marie Kent(Thank you !!) 

Marie Kent
Atlassian Team
February 13, 2023

@Sridhar Gandla Here you go:

Installing and upgrading Jira

Performing a roll-back if required

Automating non-XML back-ups/disaster recovery

Non-GUI interface tasks

Custom developing

• Scripting

• build listeners

Like Kalin U likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders