Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 Jira System Field Pitfalls (and How to Avoid Them) [Atlassian University Live Webinar]

jira-system-field-pitfalls-1280.png

Happy Jira July '22! As part of an ongoing series, Atlassian University offered this free webinar to strengthen your Atlassian product skills and learn directly from Atlassian experts. Together, we explored examine five common pitfalls to avoid when working with system fields. We also learned how Jira admins, especially those new or still learning Jira, can modify system fields without causing unintentional problems—and we  discussed resolutions to problematic modifications, should they occur.

Watch the recording to learn:

• How to avoid five common pitfalls around Jira system fields

• What you can customize in a system field

• How to define and understand the difference between system fields and custom fields or definitions

Also, watch this space 👀👀

As well as answering any further questions we couldn't get to in the Q&A, we'll be adding in top questions from the event and their answers to this post! 

This Atlassian University Live webinar was hosted by @Emma JL Rush  and supported in Q&A by @Marie Kent, Julia Johnson, and Pavol SoÄŤuvka.

This webinar is intended for Jira admins, Jira project admins, and those preparing for the ACP-120 or ACP-100 exam. Topics will be relevant to Jira Cloud.

9 comments

Comment

John Wignall July 19, 2022

Hey there, I was too slow to register, is there another way to get the video?

Like • Jaime Netzer likes this
Okan Erdogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2022

Great event @Jaime Netzer @Emma JL Rushand thanks for answering my question @Marie Kent

Now we know about the pitfalls in depth!

Like • # people like this
Jaime Netzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 20, 2022

Hey @John Wignall thanks for your note! If you click through the link above, it is now live on our website — feel free to watch at your convenience. Happy learning!

Like • John Wignall likes this
John Wignall July 20, 2022

Thanks very much @Jaime Netzer !

Maria VanderMeersch July 20, 2022

Thank you for the great event.  

Dale Fernandes July 20, 2022

Hi - really useful webinar, although I wasn't able to watch till the end, will be great to watch the replay.

I did pop a question in the Chat, but don't know if it was responded to.

I asked if there is any plan to introduce Schemes for Resolutions or Priorities in Cloud?

In Data Centre Priority schemes are available and they're very useful to have. 

I've never understood why no resolution scheme, as it's feasible to me you may want to have different resolution options for issue types (like the way you map issue type to field configuration in a field configuration scheme). It's not always helpful having the full list of resolutions available for  some custom built issue types and that's where i think Resolution scheme could be great to have,

Thanks 

Jaime Netzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 20, 2022

Hey @Dale Fernandes thanks so much for the comment, and the feature request! We're sorry to report that we don't have oversight of the product roadmap, but please do make your suggestion over here. Thanks again!

Sakina
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2022

thank you for the info

Suba Suba December 3, 2022

I asked if there is any plan to introduce Schemes for Resolutions or Priorities in Cloud?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events