Welcome to the Toronto AUG Group

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 13, 2018

This is very exciting to have our very first online community group.  For now, we can post about Toronto related activities and events in the Atlassian space.  This group functionality will become richer over time.

Feel free to add an introductory post about yourself and any interests you may have and want to share with us.

As AUG leaders we are always looking to engage more with our members and share their ideas and feedback.

Do you have a great use case story?  Do you have an awesome venue for events?  Do you have suggestions for our AUGs?   Feel free to post or get in touch with us.

Susan, Danny and Kamal (your Toronto AUG leaders)

7 comments

Comment

Sandra Tesoro July 3, 2018

Hi Susan, Danny and Kamal..

Please let me know how I discuss or set up a meeting with any of you on the process to set up a RBC AUG.. we have monthly meetings set up (Practitioners Steering Group) Linda and I'd like to integrate/morph  your set up as mentioned at the June 25 TO AUG...

Like Viktoriya Borisova likes this
Danny Zuccaro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 3, 2018

Hi Sandra,

Would love to sit and discuss how we launched our internal user group and connect you with the folks from the Atlassian community team. Let me know when would be best to meet and chat over coffee.

Thanks,

Danny

Celina Zamora July 3, 2018

So exciting to hear this and cannot wait to hear more about this Sandra! 

Sandra Tesoro July 3, 2018

Hi Danny,

Thanks for the prompt response! I'll set up a meeting, Were are at 88 Queens Quay...we can meet halfway...or you're more than welcome to come by!!

Please send me your contact information and I will send you a meeting invite!

Danny Zuccaro
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 5, 2018

Hi @Sandra Tesoro - tried to send you an email. Can you let me know if you got it please. 

Danny

Sandra Tesoro July 5, 2018

Hi Danny,

Sorry!! I did ...just been in back to back meetings all week!

Will send invite now...

Michele Marques July 20, 2018

Thanks for setting up this group. I was wondering if there are other people like me who live and work north of Toronto. If there could ever be a session near Steeles and the 404, that would be great. Otherwise, evening sessions after 6pm are good.  At your typical times and locations, I would travel for a session devoted to Confluence, as that's the tool I use the most.

Like # people like this
Danny Zuccaro
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 24, 2018

Hi and welcome @Michele Marques! We generally host most of the AUG session in the downtown core to accommodate as many as possible but we can certainly look at other options. Please keep posted on upcoming events as we will have a few focusing on Confluence. 

Thanks,

Susan, Kamal and Danny

Like # people like this
Michele Marques July 26, 2018

There are a large number of tech companies just north of Steeles. Maybe I'll post a separate message asking people working in the area to identify, to help decide if a "Toronto North" meeting would be worthwhile.

Like Renata likes this
Neal Applebaum July 26, 2018

My location (office in Don Mills, commuting from Thornhill) means I cannot attend most meetings. Otherwise I would have been more active over the years in the AUG. Getting downtown, especially before the workday is over, is difficult. Having said that, our office is moving downtown in October, so that will change for me soon.

Like Renata likes this
Joshua Shang July 26, 2018

Hi Michele,  Miles and I have been discussing this for a while now.  We’d be happy to provide content if you're open to look at helping with organizing a location. We would be able to do something, but only for 4 sessions before we would need to ”pass the torch”. 

Stavros Rougas September 18, 2019

I'm in Toronto, but work with an app vendor on the marketplace from Germany.

I know a lot about making, supporting and selling apps on the Atlassian Marketplace which I would be happy to share informally over a coffee or more formally with the AUG or at your office.

I've build products and I would say I have a good sense of taking ideas/problems and working with a dev team to turn them into solutions. This is how some of the best apps came about, they solved a problem a Jira user had.

I go to events and speak with other major app vendors, you will be happy to know that the vendors are pretty open about sharing between them (helps when the event has an open bar in a cool city).

I'm always looking for an excuse to have a coffee or stop by a workplace in Ontario (it's my job and if don't have to fly a no brainer). Feel free to reach out s.rougas@aptis.info.

About Us

Our leading app Epic Sum Up is a staff pick, and our company APTIS is a top vendor.

Everything is built and supported from our office in Goch, Germany (close to the Dutch boarder). Epic Sum Up was first built to solve an internal problem we were having with Jira.

Out of the box Epic Sum Up gives you some features you kind of expect to have in Jira, the big one is progress bars for everyone to see at a glance want's happening. They help make it easier for the average user to work with Jira.

Stavros Rougas September 18, 2019

Does the new Peel AUG have a Community Events Page like we have here? I could not find it.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events