Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications for selected Issue Type Creation

Vignesh Kumar July 5, 2018

Hi Atlassians,

I came across a requirement today where one service Desk project wanted a particular user group to be notified whenever a new issue is created of a specific issue type (say Bug). When I explored the notification options, there is a generic one 'Issue Created' but that does not allow me to filter the type of Issue.

I used Automation feature to notify the users for selected Issue type but that notification email does not show the full details of the issue like the one that is received from the Notifications for new issue creation. It just shows the summary of the issue like the below content. Any suggestions how we can achieve this requirement?

"This issue requires your attention <Username>"

2 comments

Comment

jmodi1982 July 5, 2018

@Vignesh Kumar if you have script runner or Kepler plugins then you can create a post function to send an email on issue creation transition. You will get complete freedom on what details you want to include in the email.

Vignesh Kumar July 5, 2018

@jmodi1982 Thanks for your response. Is there an option without installing plugins? Leveraging existing features of Jira.

jmodi1982 July 5, 2018

@Vignesh Kumar Default Jira notifications uses templates and you will not be able to make changes to notifications content without updating the templates. This is probably not a good idea to do since you will have to redo this after every upgrade. I don't have a vanilla Jira instance to check if there is any other configuration that we can use to implement this.

Vignesh Kumar July 6, 2018

@jmodi1982 Thanks. I am also exploring if there is an in-built option to get this done.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events