Not in Toronto, but still a Canadian...

Ian Smith June 21, 2018

I'm over in Vancouver and looking to make contact with fellow Atlassian users.   We are investigating options for moving our Confluence (and JIRA) installs out of our server room.  Our current install exceeds the 50GB limit (by 25GB) for Confluence on Demand and I'm curious about how others have dealt with this issue.   What are you doing for archiving and removal of old material.   The "archiving plugin for Confluence" looks great, but it doesn't actually remove anything it just hides it.  Also it is not compatible with the cloud version of confluence.  Any suggestions or stories about your experiences would be greatly appreciated. 

2 comments

Comment

Danny Zuccaro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2018

Hi @Ian Smith! Welcome to the group. Great place to ask your question and I'll look to have a few folks respond to you on their experiences. 

Danny

Ian Smith June 21, 2018

Thanks Danny.  I have only been working with Confluence for 5 months, but I've been in IT for 25 years. 

Ian Smith June 22, 2018

I am now in contact with George Mihailov and it looks like we are going to start planning a meeting for the Vancouver AUG. 

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2018

That's fabulous.  Please let George know that Danny, Kamal and I are happy to share any advice or tips as fellow Canadian AUG leaders

Ian Smith June 22, 2018

Excellent I'll pass that on.  I don't think there is a private message option here.  Any suggestions for meeting format/topics would be appreciated.

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 21, 2018

Hi Ian,

Welcome.  There have been some attempts at setting up a user group in Vancouver.   How keen are you?  Would you be interested in looking into being a leader? 

Re your very interesting question, we use the archiving plugin on our server in Confluence.  I would suggest you post this question/discussion into the Confluence area to get a higher response.

Cheers,

Susan

Ian Smith June 21, 2018

Hi Susan,

Looks like there was one run by George Mihailov. Last event that I can see was April 2017. 

Atlassian Vancouver

I would certainly be open to working with a group here in Vancouver if I can make contact with others.  I have sent George a message, no response yet. 

Ian Smith June 22, 2018

I'm now in contact with George

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events