Bamboo, BitBucket, Crucible, Fisheye ...

Stephen Worotynec August 14, 2018

JIRA and Confluence are an understandable AUG focus - but it would be wonderful to see a meeting focused on Atlassian's build pipeline tools - Bamboo, BitBucket, Crucible, and Fisheye. 

4 comments

Comment

Danny Zuccaro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2018

Hi @Stephen Worotynec - thanks for the feedback and we will certainly look to schedule an upcoming AUG around the tools you've identified. Let us take this away and we will update with an upcoming AUG schedule.

Susan, Kamal and Danny

Miles Faulkner August 14, 2018

Blended Perspectives can do a session on this for you! Just let us know

Celina Zamora August 15, 2018

Hi @Miles Faulkner, thank you for responding to Stephen's post, we appreciate your support. Just wanted to provide a friendly reminder that if you are an Atlassian partner, you must provide that in your username (per the guidelines found here). Please feel free to connect with Susan and Danny on how you all can collaborate to share content like this at the next user group. Thanks! 

Stephen Worotynec August 14, 2018

Thanks @Danny Zuccaro and team! That is great news.

Ashley Elder
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 15, 2018

@Stephen Worotynec,

My name is Ashley and I'm part of the Community team at Atlassian. We'd love to know a bit more about the type of information you'd like specific to Bamboo, BitBucket, Crucible, and Fisheye. If you have any examples, that can help guide the content we share out to our user groups. Thanks!

cc: @Bridget

Stephen Worotynec August 15, 2018

Hi @Ashley Elder

AUG presentations I've attended (in Toronto, but also Mountain View) have offered interesting use cases, demonstrations of application capabilities, and solutions to business problems - but usually with JIRA. I'm suggesting something similar for the build pipeline products.

A couple of examples - Bamboo can implement build plans as code so that builds can be versioned, code reviewed, branched, etc.  This sounds like a theoretical best practice, and is a step ahead of competitive products I've investigated, but there are a lot of implementation challenges we are seeing. I'd love to see a presentation from an adopter on why Bamboo works for them. 

BitBucket must be the best known of these products - but it has competitors that are hard to casually differentiate. I'd love to hear what makes BitBucket work for an organization. Is it the integrations with other Atlassian tooling? That could be a great demo.

Overall, I'm suggesting that the success of the JIRA-focused events be complemented by an occasional focus on other Atlassian products.  

Ashley Elder
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 15, 2018

Thanks so much for the thoughtful response @Stephen Worotynec. Excited to share this back with the team and get some different types of product information/content out to our AUG groups!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events