AUG Lunch Roundtable - June 25th - Highlights

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2018

We had a full house today at the round table lunch.  The conversation and food flowed. 

Topics that were discussed

Barcelona pre-summit pitch by Danny

Questions brought up and discussed by the group

• When your Org has a lot of Jira instances, should you consolidate and centralize the admin as well? 
    • Generally the answer is yes
  • Archiving - Do you delete, flag, hide or move issues that are no longer relevant? 
    • You can do any of the aforementioned, but pros and cons to each
  • Enterprises - how to balance having flexibility over control for Jira
  • Confluence - How it's used in conjunction with Jira that makes it dynamic and more than just a wiki
  • Labels - How label fields are misused and some ideas on how to manage

5 Important Jira standards shared with us by Rodolfo:

1.  Resolutions - The only way Jira knows an issue is completed
  2. Projects and Boards are not the same
  3. Versions - key to clearing our your boards
  4. Quick Filters - Use them on your boards
  5. Sprints - Are for scrum ONLY don't use them for grouping issues

Thank you to everyone who attended and we will do another one in August.  In the meantime, looking forward to two new events coming on July 11th and July 19th.

Susan, Danny & Kamal

8 comments

Comment

Danny Zuccaro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2018

Thanks all for coming out. As promised here is the link for the Atlassian University trial - https://training.atlassian.com/self-paced-tutorials/try-it

Enjoy, thanks for all coming out and see you July 11th!

Danny

David Manley June 25, 2018

Thanks Danny - already registered!

Sandra Tesoro June 25, 2018

Thanks Susan, Danny & Kamal...

Great event! Looking forward to next one!

Sandra

David Manley June 25, 2018

Thanks for putting together another great discussion Susan, Danny & Kamal!  Looking forward to the July sessions already :)

Wayne Hetherington June 25, 2018

I appreciate your efforts to put this together and build a community.  Thanks for including me and for a great session!

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2018

I am so very much appreciating this recap, @Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_ — thank you for sharing!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
June 25, 2018

Oh no, I use Sprints to group my "Top 30" highest priority issues. Can Rodolfo come by and tell me what to do instead? 🤭

jmodi1982 June 26, 2018

It was a great Informative discussion yesterday, looking forward to the next sessions

Danny Zuccaro
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 3, 2018

Glad you enjoyed @jmodi1982! We'll see you at the July AUGs!

Danny

Vignesh Kumar July 3, 2018

Hi All, This was my first AUG session. It was very useful and informative. Will be attending the upcoming sessions in July. Nice to be part of this community. 

Danny Zuccaro
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 3, 2018

Pleasure meeting you @Vignesh Kumar and welcome to the community. Look forward to seeing you at the July AUGs!

Danny

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events