What is your favorite Atlassian Product?

Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 8, 2020

Hi there, Atlassian tech enthusiasts! 

The way that work gets done varies quite drastically from industry to industry. And with these different types of collaboration need, it's natural to favor a specific tool or product that just makes your life so much easier. 

For me, it's Trello. As a content manager, I'm constantly using Trello as both a to-do list and as a calendar - it really keeps me sane! I especially love using Butler to automate my boards - for example, I can add a label "content-to-promo" to any card on my content calendar, and Butler automagically copies that card to our Community marketer's board. 

I'm curious to know - what is your favorite Atlassian tool? Do you think it's specific to your industry? 

Talk soon!

Bridget

20 comments

Comment

Jens Kisters //SeibertSolutions
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2020

Im kind of old school here but definately Jira Server.

Its specific to the industries of our clients because we push the limits of its extensabilty to digitize customer processes till it fits:

• connect truck scales
  • integrate RFID hardware
  • integrate digital signing software
  • generate documents from data
  • interface with all kinds of IT systems
  • develop custom apps 

Cheers

Jens

Like # people like this
Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 29, 2020

Love the old school Jira Server answer! Really cool to hear about the applications as well. Thanks, Jens!

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2020

For collaborating on projects, I prefer Confluence Cloud. Relying on Atlassian IDs makes it easy to bring in partners (generally speaking; it's occasionally frustrating if folks have multiple Atlassian IDs...).

For work management, Jira Server/Data Center takes the cake for me. You can control the entire infrastructure, down to your branding, including the server URL. Sometimes you just want to have https://work.proceedtopanic.com, and not https://proceedtopanic.atlassian.net/jira :p

Like # people like this
Bridget
Community Manager
September 29, 2020

@Dave Liao , you're definitely on trend here talking about work management!! Thanks for sharing your favorites :) 

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2020

This is a great topic @Bridget!  I have to throw some love to the Bamboo team!  One of my main duties at work is ensuring that our CI/CD pipeline is a well oil-machine and I couldn't get the job done without Bamboo!

Like # people like this
Bridget
Community Manager
September 29, 2020

Wow Jimmy! That's awesome - the Bamboo team certainly deserves the love. I will pass along your message :) 

Like # people like this
Stephen Addis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2020

For me its Trello, managing projects and tasks.  We look at the design (construction/architecture) and can create topics, with check off lists, and bump them down the process.

Also, being able to add pictures to the cards to spot easy on board is great, along with being able to select the most appropriate current one to help spot.

Like # people like this
Bridget
Community Manager
September 29, 2020

We're in the same boat then, @Stephen Addis ! Also love the ability to add the pics to cards .. I'm definitely a visual learner/worker. Cheers! 

Like # people like this
Stephen Addis
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 2, 2020

I firmly believe that if you are running a kanban board, the whole point is its visual.  Where I have must be more than 100 cards, to have to read for the one I want, or to rely on search facility doesnt cut it.

Plus, if something looks appealing, users are more inclined to use it.

The old addage of if something looks crap or like it had no time on it, or if rental accommodation is rubbish, people treat it that way.

For me, my philosophy is "documents are treated with the contempt they deserve" and that applies to boards, or anything else you expect others to use.

Like # people like this
Sara October 9, 2020

I'm a total noob and only know about Trello so far .... =^D

I'll check in later.

Like # people like this
Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 26, 2020

Jira is by far my favourite Product, sometimes users don't realise that Jira makes complex task look easy! The robustness and ability to configure permissions to your needs is just superb.

Like # people like this
Laurens Coppens
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 5, 2020

I actually don't really have a favorite single product.

The reason i love atlassian is because of the interaction and integration between products.

For me confluence wouldn't be the same without Jira, Jira not the same without Insight, opsgenie, statuspage,...

Its the set of tools that makes atlassian great and the combination of products that make great solutions.

But if i really have to choose, Jira has started it all for me.

Like # people like this
Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 1, 2022

Agreed, it's a very strong ecosystem that unleash the real potentials when using them together!

Like Craig Nodwell likes this
Vinod Ramadoss
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 9, 2021

Hi @Bridget 

Am unable to narrow to 1 Atlassian tool, this is mainly because as I start using an Atlassian product I get excited with its features (am sure am not alone here),

I started the journey using Jira, later Confluence, and now Trello. I feel each product has its uniqueness and the value it brings with it. I suppose this is the reason why I feel so connected with Atlassian tools.

Like # people like this
kientrucnamcuong January 15, 2021

I like Trello because it's really easy to collaborate and work with others. It is a tool for effective work coordination that helps everyone on the team just need to look at what works, who are doing what, and at what stage.

Like # people like this
Michael Schulze January 31, 2021

My favorite product: Confluence  because it is easy to use and very flexible 

Like # people like this
Valerie Palmer February 1, 2021

Jira for the automation ability.  I love how flexible it is and makes my job so much easier.

Like # people like this
Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 1, 2022

Automation works like a charm to reduce tons of headaches.

Like # people like this
Agatha Monteiro April 19, 2021

No momento só utilizo e trabalho com Trello, mas gostaria muito de iniciar o aprendizado no Jira.

Like # people like this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 28, 2021

Hi @Bridget the one product of Atlassian that I always go with is the "Confluence". It's a simple tool with robust features. Besides, the availability of templates as per the task makes it my favorite.

Like # people like this
Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
April 1, 2022

Templates does make everything starts easily!

Frank Stadler May 13, 2021

Jira! By far. So powerful, especially with addons.

Like # people like this
Curtis August 17, 2021

Bamboo. I love how it gives me a great UI and separation of builds from Deployments. It gives me so much flexibility in which I've been able to really grow our automated builds for our groups.

Like # people like this
BitcoinTeamSupport October 19, 2021

For me, my favorite program is Trello. I am quite a new user so I think I will get to know another Atlassian product over time.

Like # people like this
Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
April 1, 2022

You will definitely be amazed :)

Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 10, 2022

Hands down it's the ability to easily go between Jira and Confluence. As part of the product team, it's much easier to stay in sync with our developers by linking all of our product specs directly to the Jira epics!

Like # people like this
Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
April 1, 2022

Confluence does lift the communication into a different level!

I love the way to leverage Confluence to make things clear, gathering ideas, organize team relevant information and decision making.

Naveed February 19, 2023

Search option in Confluence makes work quite productive and less stressfull.

Like # people like this
Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
April 1, 2022

I will go for Trello, it helps me in every aspects!

From daily works on job to travel planning.

Super in love with the simplest and flexibility of Trello <3

Like # people like this
ADEEL AHMED May 1, 2023

For me its Jira software management and simple jira. A Single jira can handle everything related to project like progress , reports , roadmaps everything. I love it while using jira @Bridget 

Like # people like this
rs-randyman00aaff99 August 7, 2023

Hey -    The content links to something.  I could ask, "Is the content sharable?'  Teams and groups offer user value to learning the structure.(Internal and external).  To conclude,  They lived happily ever after.

RandyMan

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events