Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

What are the limits of Trello uploading files? Edited

Hi all, I'm an Italian civil engineer expert about informatic platform for building. Now I'm trying to build an IT infrastructure for the construction field.

I am very amazed by the flexibility of use of Trello and I have seen that it allows you to do very beautiful things with little effort ... But now I have some doubts that I must clarify to my boss:
1) What are the limitations of cards that can fit on a board?

2) What is the size limit of the files that can be uploaded?

3) When linking a file, for example from Googledrive, is the file actually loaded or does Trello only make the link available?
4) Do you think it is possible to link files also from SharePoint or from another cloud repository?

1 comment

JimmyVanAU Community Leader Feb 17, 2020

Hi,

Welcome to the community. We hope you enjoy Trello as much as many of us here do :)

To directly answer your questions:

1. There are no technical limits to how many cards can fit on a board, but there are practical limits - you will endless be scrolling if you don't archive. Consider labels or Butler rules to automatically archive off old issues.
  2. The file size limit for uploading is 10MB, with an unlimited number of attachments per card/board.
  3. When linking a file, the file is not loaded, only the link, so all permissions and security restrictions are still respected.
  4. It is definitely possible to link to Sharepoint or any other URL.

The answers to 2, 3 and 4 are available in more detail here - https://help.trello.com/article/769-adding-attachments-to-cards

And if you're doing something more complex (particularly with engineering), it may be worth looking at Jira with Kanban boards - https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

Like abattistoni likes this

Hi Jmmy,

thanks for your answers, they are very important for me,

I lke very much Trello. I'm trying to use a combination of MS Project and TRELLO in order to fast the works of a Building site using SCRUM/Kanban method.

Best regards

Antimo

JimmyVanAU Community Leader Feb 18, 2020

No worries at all. I'm guessing you've looked into power ups for Trello to integrate with MS Project. Check out https://trello.com/power-ups/590f10d117d6ebad37ed3dd5/projects-by-placker which looks to allow you to export and import to .mpp/Project files

Comment

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you