• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage
Highlighted

How has COVID-19 impacted your Tech job?

Bridget Community Manager Aug 10, 2020

Hi there, Tech workers! 

I hope this post finds you healthy, safe, and sane. It's impossible to understate the global reach and impact of COVID-19. It's touched every sector and industry there is.

I'm curious to know how it has impacted your day-to-day role and projects. How have Atlassian tools played a part in any changes to your job? 

I'm hoping here that we can share use cases and help each other out. 

Cheers,

Bridget

2 comments

Jimmy Seddon Community Leader Aug 11, 2020

Great question @Bridget!  We are heavily entrenched in the Atlassian suite, we use both Jira Software and Service Desk (Cloud), we have a BitBucket Server, and a Bamboo Server.  We also didn't change anything in response to COVID-19.

Which I think proved the case that everything we were using already provided the visibility and accessibility that everyone needed to be able to successfully work from home.

Our company already had a couple of 100% remote workers and an open policy about working from home when you needed to be at home for some reason or needed focus space away from the office so in my opinion we were already part way there when we were forced to be at home.

The best thing I can offer to others around what helped us is product to product integrations (Which is why we chose Bamboo in the first place).  We also use slack, and we have setup many of our Atlassian products talking with each other as well as with Slack so that the right people are informed about things as soon as possible in the process.  This became even more valuable while isolated at home because you couldn't simply walk over to inform someone about something.

-Jimmy  

Like Bridget likes this
Bridget Community Manager Aug 11, 2020

Hi Jimmy! Great response. Happy to hear that your company didn't have to change *that* much, certainly a sign that your team is well set up for change. 

I am also happy to have follow your remote work series - your company is luck to have a thought leader like yourself as a resource! 

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this

Our team has been using Atlassian for 8 years now so working form home was not really an issue. We did start to use MS TEAMS a lot more for Chat and meetings etc but we have it integrated with JIRA and Confluence so win win.

Like Bridget likes this
Bridget Community Manager Sep 27, 2020

Definitely a win/win, @Arthur Mack ! Love to hear you are using the technologies in concert with one another. Hope you had a nice weekend!

Bridget

Like Arthur Mack likes this

Comment

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you