Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

🤖 A Jira Senior Developer's thoughts on remote pair programming

Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 30, 2020

Hello, Tech enthusiasts! Are you ready for October to begin 🙀?

I wanted to share with you an Article I came across from Work/Life (The Atlassian blog) from a senior developer on the Jira team about the tools and techniques that make remote pair programming successful.

In the article, they talk about why you should try remote pair programming, how to get started, tools of the trade, etc. If you have any thoughts on the piece, leave them in the comments below - I'm interested to hear about your experience with remote pair programming! 

Read the full article on the Atlassian blog

Cheers,

Bridget 

4 comments

Comment

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2020

Thanks for sharing @Bridget! I've linked that article to one of our slack channels that our development team follows!

Like • # people like this
Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
October 12, 2020

Oh, sweet! Let me know if anyone has any feedback :). Also, feel free to invite your team to this group! 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2020

I haven't been involved in any way with RPP. However, I have found it mentioned more and more w/in the Community of late. Mostly around the sensitive topic of not being able to assign issues to a team.

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2020

Hi @Jack Brickey -- I wonder if what you note is one of the aspects of doing the work: selection versus implementation.

For selection, we could have push (leader assigned work) or pull (self-assigned work).

And implementation could be how the team delivers it: solo people in a cave/cubicle, pairing, mobbing, etc., co-located or remote or a mix.

Both (selection and implementation) need to deal with accountability, and I have definitely noted chatter about accountability sliding with remote work...especially when leader expectations were not aligned with teams before "everyone-work-from-home" times started.

Best regards,

Bill

BitcoinTeamSupport October 19, 2021

Interesting solution, it is worth spending more time on this topic.

Oleksandr Siryi_Railsware_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 6, 2023

Thanks for sharing, @Bridget 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events