2021 GOALS! :)

Hi All,

First of all happy New Year! I wish you all the best! 

I want to talk with you about your goals. 

What is your main personal and professional goal for this year?

My main personal goal is to read 24 books this year, and my professional goal is to be a better project manager. 

How do you pick your goals. Personally, I list 20 goals and choose 2 main priorities for the next period, when I accomplish that, I will choose another 2, and continue after that.

Write down please your goal plan for this year! :)

17 comments

Comment

Ilan Yaniv January 5, 2021

Hi @Spasoje ,

So I think that your personal goal of reading 24 books is pretty challenging - read 2 books every month. I wish I could read 4 :-)

Regarding professional goals, I think that being better is not measurable enough.... for example my professional goal is to help at least 10 new companies start using our platform and make them satisfied and happy customers.

Sounds good ?

Like Spasoje Jesic likes this
Spasoje Jesic January 5, 2021

Hey @Ilan Yaniv 

I agree it is not measurable, so I could say, my professional goal is to licence myself in Atlassian products and PMP. 
Maybe, this is more accurate goal. Thank you for the advice! :)

Like Ilan Yaniv likes this
Ilan Yaniv January 5, 2021

Sounds much better @Spasoje Jesic 

Good luck with your goals and let me know how it progress.... :-)

Yea, of course, I thought maybe I can post some books that helped me to develop skills in PM. I am nerdy reading person :) 

I would like to go back to this post in July, and everyone write down what they achieved :) 

Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2021

Hi @Spasoje Jesic 

My New Years resolution is to get at least an Atlassian certification, if I can do more, you will be welcomed.

To continue sharing what little I know with all the people who need it, to continue learning and enjoying the wonderful people that I am meeting in this community.

Personally enjoy life more, my family and myself.

Greetings to all and my best wishes for this new year, and sorry for my english

Cheers !!! 👌

Like # people like this

Hi @Vero Rivas

Thank you, I will have this on my mind :) 

Great goals, I hope that you will enjoy it more and more at every moment in this Year! :)

ps. We share our certification goals, so we will be in touch :)

Like # people like this
Rajesh Viswanathan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2021

My main Professional goal is to become a Good Agile Coach.. 

Like # people like this

Hi @Rajesh Viswanathan 

Do you have some personal goals?  

What are you working to become good AC? 

Thank you for your comment! 

Like Rajesh Viswanathan likes this
Rajesh Viswanathan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2021

Hi @Spasoje Jesic  started working in new project with 4 scrum master in BFS account and done my coach certification and its helping me to progress 

Like # people like this

Great, nice to hear that! :)

Like Rajesh Viswanathan likes this
Kelvin Macharia January 5, 2021

Hi everyone,

My professional goal this year is to become a better business analyst | QA --and this am planning to get certified on agile processes.

My personal goal: I love reading but the main challenge I encountered in 2020 was that I managed to start on at least 10 books (finished 3 comics and one thriller novel though), but ended up switching between the others and actually never completed them. Can anyone advise on how I could manage that. I will greatly appreciate.

Like # people like this
Vinod Ramadoss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2021

Hi @Spasoje Jesic 

Happy new year

I give great importance to fitness, I enjoy swimming and play Badminton, however, 2020 has brought everything to a grinding halt, I will like to see myself back to my swimming routines in 2021, this will be in terms of personal goals.

And professionally, am targeting to complete 1 Atlassian certification by end Q1 max early Q2 2021.

There are myriad of Atlassian products that I have not had hands into, so my plan is to start exploring 1 new product after the other, get insights about them through Atlassian university / community articles, and share my knowledge and experience by penning articles in the community down the line.

Like # people like this
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 5, 2021

Hi @Spasoje Jesic ,

First of all, Happy New Year!

Thank you so much for starting a discussion on this group via article!

Please read the guidelines section from this article https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Tech/2021A1-Happy-New-Year-Welcome-To-The-Tech-Community-Group/ba-p/1568114

@Vinod Ramadoss @Rajesh Viswanathan @Kelvin Macharia @Vero Rivas @Ilan Yaniv 

Thank you very much for participating in this article/discussion!

Ok now lets come to me,

My personal goal is to achieve something more than the last couple of years and my professional goal is to complete multiple certifications before December 2021!

I have a to-do list of what I have done and what I have to complete. I choose the next task depending upon the priority and situation! (I used the word situation because of last year's sudden lockdown announcement, let forget about that and move forward!)

Regards,

Soumyadeep (SaM)

Like # people like this

Hi everyone,

I am very happy we shared our goals and plans for 2021. Happy to see a lot of people working on themselves. 

Glad to see how things work for you! :)

Happy NY everyone! 

Like Soumyadeep Mandal likes this
Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 7, 2021

Hi @Spasoje Jesic and all, thank you for great theme to discuss.

I used to work with goals few years ago, but I'm so responsible person that it was really hard to achieve every single goal I described in my head/notebook. I was really stressed that I'm not moving forward because of multiple reasons (lack of time, children, wife, job...) -> I was dissapointed with the things I do and people I meet. So I decided to not to choose a goals BUT DIRECTIONS. For someone it can be the same, but not for me.

I'm still learning how to change my mindset but basically for example for 2021 I do not have a goal to pass C1 English certification but C1 certification is my direction and really small goals are for example:

• get the information about C1 to know what I have to know
  • prepare high level plan/roadmap with my teacher
  • change my conversational lessons to be more focused to C1 themes...

I don't know if my comment is clear as it's little bit philosophical, but I hope it can help someone who is really stressed and strict to himself.

Like # people like this
aly_briscoe
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 12, 2021

Hi All

I've taken the challenge on to launch an ACE group for Wolverhampton (everyone is welcome to join!) i really want to make this a success but part of that success isn't just numbers attending, its feedback, giving attendees a safe environment to join into and supporting them on their journey through guided talks and workshops with the experts to virtual coffee mornings :)

I would also like to expand my certifications, in particular looking at the cloud options :)

I wish you all much success in working towards your goals :)

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Wolverhampton/gh-p/Wolverhampton

thanks 

Aly 

Spasoje Jesic January 13, 2021

Hi @aly_briscoe 

I will gladly to join your group to have virtual coffee with you guys. 

I hope that everyone will pass their expectations for this wonderful year! :)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events