If you could wave a magic wand, what problem would you solve in Tech?

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 22, 2020

Hi again, friends! 

Every industry has its pros and cons, that goes without saying. But wouldn’t it be nice if you could just wave a magic wand and solve the most glaring of your industry’s problems?

Well, I’m giving you one! My answer is, I would fix the problem of representation. (Startups by women not being funded, the lack of women and people of color in leadership roles, etc. Basically this entire article.

How about you, my fellow Tech friends? What would you do if you were Hermione Granger for just five minutes?

1 comment

Comment

JBou September 26, 2020

i think maybe accelerating AI immediately to the point where we no longer understand anything about it, and it absolutely zero need to obtain anything what so ever from humans.  Why not just skip to the end?  Surely we will be fine as any AI would absolutely be extraordinarily benevolent towards us and ensure a life of sipping cocktails at the beach with zero worries, problems, or challenges.  Sounds awesome!

It is inconceivable that AI could or would simply disregard us as 'trivial', 'non-threatening' or 'delete from system memory to free up room for worthwhile/important items'  Nah it would instead enjoy taking itself from whatever tasks were important to afford humans an indefinite life of luxury and loose females.

I for one advance this: we should just submit now to our coming AI overlords and stop allowing ourselves to make decisions.  We all can see where that has gotten us.  I for one bow to our AI emperor!

JBou September 26, 2020

But seriously .. along the lines of your post... maybe a lessening of this ridiculous consume, consume, consume reality we find ourselves in.  New hot sh*t phones every six months?  I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm a tech-head, and I love learning about new ideas.  But I really think this completely whacked insanity of "gotta, gotta, gotta get the new (insert today's hot 'n shiny gizmo)  that just gets into an ever accelerating cycle is beyond damaging to us as a people. 

I doubt Neanderthals were upgrading every year from "smashing rock 2000" to the new updated and completely awesome "smashing rock pro plus ultra zoooooom 20+++++"

We can, and simply should for finances sake get much more from purchases, especially significant ones like a $1000 or higher cell phone.  To justify that price you should without question   get 5+ years use from it;.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events