Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to clone project in WBS Gantt for Jira

Tony San Nicolas December 4, 2019

When I got to view all Gantts in WBS Gantt for Jira I copy a project and rename it from "ABC" to "DCE".  When I make a change in "DCE" like assignee it also changes in project "ABC".  How do I clone project "ABC" and rename it to project "DCE" so it is a stand alone project.  Thank you

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Álisson Dalmago December 16, 2019

Hello @Tony San Nicolas 

My name is Álisson, I'm from Ricksoft team and I would like to help you with this question.

When an assignee is changed for an issue at WBS Gantt-Chart, the Jira's assignee for the issue is updated also. For this reason, we do not recommend an issue to be managed at multiple Gantts.

Please let me know if there are any doubts.

Best regards,
Álisson

Fernando Bordallo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 15, 2020

@Tony San Nicolas, did @Álisson Dalmago comment help you out?

Akshay Dandwate November 17, 2022

I have the same problem, Whenever I change or update the issue in "DCE" it gets changed in "ABC". How can I make those projects work
separate?

Hikaru
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2022

Hello @Akshay Dandwate ,

This is Hikaru from Ricksoft. 

Are these issues in "DCE" and "ABC" the same issues (Meaning they have the same issue keys)? If so, you are just editing the same issue from different WBS Gantt -Charts.  

When you copy WBS Gantt-Chart, it DOES NOT copy the issues in the Gantt-Chart. It just copies the Gantt configuration.  

Therefore, you need to clone the Jira project first, and then create WBS Gantt-Chart from the project to make it work. You can create a Gantt scheme to share the Gantt Configuration as well. 

Cloning a Jira project with all its issues is not an easy task. There are some community posts that you can refer to.

Best,

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events