User parameters rendering glitch?

Michael Jones June 12, 2014

This is on a newly initialized confluence site, to try to get a clean test for the functionality..

I added the PlaySQL Spreadsheets plugin, created a spreadsheet, and then a query for that spreadsheet.

To the query, I added a User Parameter, expecting the user parameter dialog from the query creation page to appear so that my user can enter their value. Instead, the dialog doesn't appear, and the playsql query widget is missing the red upper left cell, and otherwise looks strange.

This second screenshot is the same query with a default value put into the User Parameter widget. But still no place for the user to add their value.

Is this a known bug? or am I doing something wrong? Is there a version I can roll back to that works properly?

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Raymond Santangelo November 4, 2014

Adrien, as soon as we upgraded to Confluence 5.6.3, we started having this same issue.  We are used to having User Parameters integrated in many of our queries (and editable in the macro editor).  Now, however, there is no field in the macro editor that allows me to change the user parameter.

image2014-11-4 21:42:12.png

Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2014

Correct, that's a problem. I'll start working on this today and I will deliver the fix within the week. Sorry for the inconvenience. NB: Since many users request to change parameters when one views the page, the next major version will display a form above the query so users can change parameters. Is it good news for you?

Raymond Santangelo November 5, 2014

Thank you! And Yes, that is good news about the form above the query ... as long as we have the ability to remove the form (and just edit the User Parameter within the macro, as we have been up to now), as there would be times I wouldn't want the User Parameter to be so visible to most of our users.

Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2014

As you've probably seen I've published version 2.7.3 with the fix.

Raymond Santangelo November 5, 2014

Great, thank you; when I see it show up as an update in my "Manage Add-ons" area, I will definitely install it.

0 votes
Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 12, 2014

Hi Michael,

Using the Query macro, user parameters can only be set in the macro parameters (...)

An update on 14 Nov 2014:

Play SQL Spreadsheets 2.8 is out! It includes the ability to display a form above the query with user parameters. Thank you for your suggestion!

User Parameters View.png

Michael Jones June 12, 2014

Hmm....

I'm not able to change the user paramater in the macro editer when I edit the page. It only lets me change the user param when editing the query itself, which changes the user param for all instances of the query.

Am i doing something wrong?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events