Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlaySQL spreadsheets across spaces

Tamilselvan Easwaran January 14, 2015

Hi ,

I am planning to use play SQL spreadsheets across spaces. Is it possible ? any workarounds ?

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2015

Hi Tamilselvan,

Yes it is possible:

• Either within a SQL query, you can use SPACE_thekey (for example if the space key is "ds", then the name is SPACE_DS),
  • Either you can put the macro on a page of that space, then copy-paste it to another space. There's a little attribute (named 'context') on the macro which tells which space it originated from.

Concerning permissions, the first method will let you see data from other spaces (unless you have defined different PostgreSQL users for each space), whereas the second method will only work if the view has view permissions for the space.

Hope it helps,

Adrien

Tamilselvan Easwaran January 15, 2015

Thx a lot !!! I tried the second one. Worked seemlessly. Another Query here. Sorry for being very basic. I hv a spreadsheet common to all spaces. I don't want users to view the data, just enter their own data. Is it possible ?

Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2015

No. That would be called per-row permissions and it's very appealing to implement it, but it's not on the roadmap for the forseeable future.

Tamilselvan Easwaran January 31, 2015

Hi Adrien, I copied a query from one space to another. But built-in parameters are getting fetched from the original space :( For eg. $spaceKey still refers to the original space. I am trying to query based on a built-in parameter in all the spaces. Please help.

Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 31, 2015

That's correct, the $spaceKey will be the one of the original space... You may have to prompt the user instead.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events