Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA AGILE - how to set team capacity for sprint

Francesco Fortugno March 5, 2015

Hello,

I have JIRA v6.3.14 and JIRA Agile v6.6.60 installed. I'm trying to find the option to set up a team's sprint capacity. For example, if one of the resources has vacation during a certain sprint, or if resource if only working 50% on project. I think this function existed in the past in Greenhopper. Does anyone if this exists in present tool options. If not, can someone please suggest a way or process to follow to accommodate for determining it.

Thanks,

4 answers

Suggest an answer

3 votes
Mateusz Zieliński May 17, 2017

Hi,

If you are still interested we've recently added this functionality to our add-on Agile Poker for JIRA .

The add-on helps not only with team capacity but also with estimating in general. If you have any further questions or issues you can always contact us at support@spartez.com :)

Have a nice day,
Mateusz

f980e92f-cc64-4e9b-bbc2-1c528a41623a

82ee7f6a-db58-4ed4-90cc-4919d10216c9

1 vote
Fabio Racobaldo [Herzum]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2022
1 vote
Inprowiser Engineering March 7, 2018

Hi,

If you are using JIRA cloud instance, then check out this add on: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/capacity-tracker-plugin/cloud/overview

It allow you to configure resource capacity, leaves, working days, public holidays, work allocation charts - in a nutshell - everything you need for Sprint capacity planning and tracking.

NewMedia.png

Allen

Cliff Perea January 31, 2019

I  have been asking for the past few months about an add-on that does this. I have used Team Foundation Server in the past and this capability was included with the version I used and I was surprised that Jira didn't have this already installed. I will definitely take a look at this and get the trial version to play around with it. Thanks Cliff

Like # people like this
Inprowiser Engineering January 31, 2019

Hey Cliff,

If you've used TFS in past, then I'm sure you'll like "Capacity Tracker" add-on for JIRA. It covers all TFS capacity tracking features, plus some more.

Also wanted to let you know that earlier it was only supporting JIRA Cloud hosting but now it provide support for JIRA Server and Data Center hosting/installations too.

Give it a try!

Like # people like this
Cliff Perea January 31, 2019

Oh this is great to read that it has similar functionality to TFS and more. Sounds like this is definitely what I have been looking for. I am going to download the 30 day trial and use it. We do have JIRA cloud, so this should work for us great. Thanks again!

Like Marjorie likes this
Cliff Perea February 4, 2019

How do you work with capacity tracker and have hours identified for each team member, but the team is using story points to estimate their work? Are you somehow tying hours to story points? Trying to understand how this works in JIRA. 

robbinskersten June 19, 2019

I am also interested in this question. 

Cliff Perea June 19, 2019

I ended up getting an app called capacity tracker that integrates into Jira and allows for identifying the amount of hours each team member can provide daily within any given sprint and you can also place in out of office days as well. Take a look at this app. 

Deepak_Murthy August 27, 2019

Thanks a lot.

I just started trialing this app on Jira Server. One issue I am facing is that I cannot see the scroll bar even though there are more assignees.

How do I resolve this?

Allen August 30, 2019
Sandip Agarwal February 20, 2020

How can i see capacity for a sprint which has multiple projects - currently its showing in one project only,

Kyra Churney July 2, 2020

@Sandip Agarwal I emailed their developer today about this same question - fingers crossed!

Sandip Agarwal July 2, 2020

also this should take consuption of all time logged in the duration - 

and the time shows today + daysleft to end sprint - it should shot from start to end ,

0 votes
Dave Cavell August 26, 2015

I would also like to know.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events