Is there a way how i can create dependency between two standard issue types using workflow

Elena Moussikaev May 11, 2020

Is there a way how i can create dependency between two standard issue types using workflow and based on status of one of the issues?  For example, i should not be able to close the story, until all linked defects will be closed.

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Chris Buzon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2020

Yes, there are a number of ways you can do this.  You should consider using Post-functions (conditionals and validators).  

My team has a plugin called JMWE (Jira Misc Workflow Extensions) and it has a condition specifically for this issue:
It required that a linked ticket be in a specific status before letting the other ticket move in the workflow.  

If you use a the same plugin, it will also display an error message for the user (you have to write the error message, but it's just plain text) that will be displayed with the condition is not met.

0 votes
Deleted user May 21, 2020

You can use your own judgment over time, patience and courage to speak what you will freely given the right opportunity. So think about circumstances fairly as on one achord

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events