Is there a set of plays you’d recommend running (besides the HM)?

Valerie Rice September 8, 2017

I see you’ve grouped things by pain point and that’s helpful but am curious if there’s a set of go-to plays for all team types?

2 answers

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 11, 2017

There's a section for "game plans," a collection comprising a health monitor type + specific plays. 

https://www.atlassian.com/team-playbook/examples

And we want to hear from YOU! What situations does your team need a game plan for? Incident management? New hire on-boarding? End-of-quarter reporting? Releases? Drop a suggestion here and up-vote others' suggestions.

0 votes
Paz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 12, 2018

I know this question has been around a while already, but I've got an answer anyway!

Disclaimer: I work for Atlassian.

The Atlassian playbook has helped several teams I’ve worked with inside Atlassian, and I even helped test and create a few of the templates. 

My favorite plays are sparring, project kickoff, and journey mapping. Each has an element of fun to it as well as enormous practical value to any engineering team. These three plays alone can save your team time, energy, and heart ache, for real! And you don’t need to hire a consultant to run these plays either.

I've run these plays regularly, and find the decisions and understanding they produce to be invaluable to getting my job done and knowing what's expected of me. When these things don't happen, for whatever reason, you can feel it because a project won't run as smoothly. 

A warning, these plays could lead to some tough discussions at your work place (in which case it’s probably past due for these talks to happen anyway). But facing reality can help your team get over the hump or turn around a flailing project, or perhaps make it so projects reach flailing status less often.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events