Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add member to an existing team when their name doesn't appear in the search box?

Manuel Garcia January 29, 2019

Hi,

I cannot find a team member's name when searching for them in the Tempo team-building pane (.../plugins/servlet/ac/io.tempo.jira/tempo-teams#!/team/4/)

I have tried to enter their key, their full name (capitalized etc..) and their user email without success, while other team members appear.

What is confusing is that their name appears in the search on the main team view (.../plugins/servlet/ac/io.tempo.jira/tempo-teams#!/)

Not sure if this is a performance or software problem.

Thanks for your help

3 answers

2 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2019

Hi @Manuel Garcia,

The "Browse Project" and "View all worklogs" permission are given in the JIRA Project permissions (https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/THC/pages/173899777/To+grant+View+All+Worklogs+permissions+for+a+project). You very likely have the "Browse Project" permission for all / most projects in your system as it is required to view issues in a project.

The "View team worklogs" is given on team level, please take a look at https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/THC/pages/178388993/To+grant+View+Team+Worklogs+permissions for information about how to give this permission.

In case you still encounter the problem with the user that can not be added to a team, it might be useful to create a ticket in our Tempo Support (https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/6) so we can better investigate this.

Regards,
Susanne

Manuel Garcia February 1, 2019

Hi again @Susanne Götz _Tempo_,

I can confirm that I have access to the browse project, and through the creation of teams, I've been able to test that  I have indeed View team worklogs privileges, as I can see the hours logged by all users for a given project.

The problem is confined to that single and same user that I cannot add to a team. I will therefore follow your advice and create a support ticket.

Thank you for your help,

Manuel

0 votes
Answer accepted
Manuel Garcia January 29, 2019

Additionally, I cannot view the reported time for this team member on a project Timesheet board.

I have site admin, admin and timesheet admin privileges, FYI

Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2019

Hi Manuel,

Can you please check that the user you are trying to add is an active jira-user. If this user has been deactivated, it is not possible to add him as a new member to a team.
if this user is a member in a team, he will show when trying to filter for him in the Team Browser (.../plugins/servlet/ac/io.tempo.jira/tempo-teams#!/) even if he is not active in JIRA.

To view the worklogs of other users in Tempo, you either need to have the "View all worklogs" permission for the Project ( this gives access to all worklogs created on issues within this project) or have the "View Team worklogs" for a Team ( this gives access to all worklogs made by members in this team, "Browse Project" permission for the Projects that members are logging work on is required),

Regards,
Susanne Götz
Tempo team

Manuel Garcia January 31, 2019

Hi Suzanne and thanks for you reply.

First, I can confirm that the user I'm trying to add is an active jira-user.

Regarding viewing the worklogs, and permissions, as I said, I was made Jira site admin by my manager.

That said, I am not sure how to physically check whether I have the various degrees of permission you describe (view team worklogs, view all worklogs, browse project). What I know from experimenting with the functionalities though is that I can see the other 3-4 users that are also working on the project, and can view their timesheet/tempo reported hours.

In the screenshot below, I can see the three icons and matching dropdowns with the functionalities that you describe.

screenshot-foundryspatial.atlassian.net- Tempo permission screenshot.png

0 votes
Manuel Garcia February 4, 2019

Dear @Susanne Götz _Tempo_,

I received support from the support team and they sent me a FAQ article which cleared the problem away:
https://tempo-o.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/KB/pages/231604228/Necessary+plugin+permissions+-+cloud+instances

Though I was a site-admin, my company's cloud hadn't configured the site admin role to be granted the specific "Browse user groups" which was in turn causing the issue I described.

Thanks for your help and suggestions to clear the problem.

Best,

Manuel

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events