Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you share boards with different teams and companies?

Simon Hook August 31, 2017

I'm not quite sure I understand how teams work within trello. At my work, I'm in a team with 2 colleagues. I'd like to share (almost) all boards with them. Most of our work will be together with some colleagues from a different department, which means we'd like to share most of but not all boards with them. Additionally we work with different contractors and have to add them to boards depending on each project.

Ideally, I would like to define a team for each of the groups of people, i.e. Team A (me and my colleagues), Team B (colleagues from other department) and a team for each contractor. Then i'd like to to be able to easily add those teams to boards. From what I understand so far, a board can only belong to one team. So do I have to create private boards and add each person manually?

I reckon we'd have to create one big team with all involved people, but how can I control (easily!), which group of people sees which board?

Thanks,

Simon

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
sg
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 5, 2017

Hey Simon,

The best way to think about "Teams" in Trello is as your entire organization instead. You'll have one Team for your entire company, and then use things like "Collections" in business class to segment boards by your functional teams (it can be a bit confusing, I know).

From there, I would recommend making Team Visible boards for things you don't mind others in the company seeing, and any board you want to keep specific to you and your colleagues, make it "Private". This is the best way to control who can see what as you'll invite the specific users who need to see a given board.

I hope that helps!

Steven
Trello Support

erika May 8, 2020

Hi, very new to Trello-is there a video that shows how to do this?Or just "training" videos in general to get started & see the different functions on sharing & collaborating? Thanks.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events