Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I form a JQL search around the "Team" field for issues that have no teams assigned?

Abel Lineberger June 26, 2017

Currently searching on Team supports positive searches aka:

• Show me all issues assigned to team X
    jql: project=project and team="team X"
  • Show me all issues assigned to multiple teams ( X, Y, Z)
    jql: project=project and team in "team X, team Y, team Z"

What I cannot search is "show me all issues not assigned to a team" as there is no support for either != or "not in" or even "is empty" or "= empty".

Ideas?

3 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

3 votes
Answer accepted
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 26, 2017

Hi Abel,

There is a current feature request around the limitation of the JQL surrounding the Team field that you can find at JPOSERVER-1695.  Please vote on this issue and add your use case to the comments so our developers can see the impact and consider adding this functionality in an upcoming JIRA release.

Cheers,

Branden

Abel Lineberger June 26, 2017

Done! 

Thanks Branden!

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 26, 2017

No problem Abel.  I'm happy I was able to point you in the right direction.  Have a great rest of your week!

Branden

10 votes
Chad Nuesmeyer November 13, 2020

It is crazy how long it took me to figure this out:

"Team[Team]" =

Screenshot 2020-11-13 114729.png

border_water November 15, 2020

@Chad Nuesmeyer 

Is the above working for you ?

If my team name is TeamXYZ, do I have to mention "Team[Team]" = "TeamXYZ" in the Query ?

Thanks

Like # people like this
Yousuf.Khamisani July 31, 2023

Thank you @Chad Nuesmeyer 

Rahul Raina August 22, 2023

Thank you for including this! The original poster's ability to search by name wasn't working for me. I also had to use your exact format in order to drive a query. Feels like a very fragile integration. Hope all the new teams work is resolving some of these hard edges.

0 votes
nish_saxena March 27, 2023

Using "Teams[Select List (multiple choices)]" = TeamXYZ has solved the issue for me.

Jehan Bhathena
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2023

Hi,

Please can you provide more insight into this? Would like to try this out at my end as well.

Would like to know the custom field you made to map out the Team's values?

Jonathan Tang June 28, 2023

The Team field is available when used with Jira Advanced Roadmaps. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events