How would you score yourself using the Personal Moral Inventory?

Kristen Roth
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
March 1, 2021

Atlassian’s Work Futurist Dom Price wants to know, where does our happiness come from?

In his article “4 ways to live better and find happiness within yourself,” he tells the story of his discovery that even in very challenging times, we're ultimately responsible for our happiness. He uses a method called the Personal Moral Inventory™ to assess his life on four essential levels: Productivity & Profit, People, Planet, and Purpose.

How would you score yourself using the Personal Moral Inventory™? Does it give you insight into ways you can get in action and generate more happiness in your life?

PMI.png

1 comment

Comment

Natalie
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 17, 2021

This was so thought-provoking! Thanks to Dom for sharing so openly and giving us a framework to use. Here's how I scored myself:

Productivity & Profit: 1. I just came back to work from maternity leave, and have an expanded role with new responsibilities. So that is really life-affirming to me right now.

People: 0. With 2 small kids at home and working full time, my personal relationships tend to get less care and attention. But, I know that when I do something as simple as talk on the phone with a friend, it makes me SO happy. Going to work on putting myself out there more to build my relationships.

Planet: 1. This year I moved to a new house that is completely off the grid and uses solar energy, so I'm feeling good about my impacts there. But I also want to expand this definition of planet to include nature and my interactions with it. One thing I've done this year is plant a garden and that is very life-giving for me.

Purpose: 0. While my work purpose is strong (see above), I sense that my personal life purpose is faltering a little bit, and I'd need to engage there in order to score myself a 1. I've really wanted to get more involved in my local community since moving, but it's something that always sits on my long-term to-do list. I need to act upon it asap. 

Like Kristen Roth likes this
Kristen Roth
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
March 17, 2021

Thanks for sharing, @Natalie

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events