Did you mean: 

Best team practices using Atlassian products

Viewing page 3 of 3

53 comments

Comment

Sharon Helms
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2019

What is one way Atlassian products have shifted the way your team works?

Using Confluence and Jira has shifted our teams to working in more open and efficient ways -- we've been able to gain more visibility into each other's projects and where our efforts overlap.

How have Atlassian products helped your team overcome a significant challenge?

Our small content team uses Jira to track hundreds of content assets, using a customized workflow that provides us with quick visibility into each piece of content's audit status and history.  This is just one example of how we use Atlassian products to simplify formerly difficult tracking and organizational tasks.

What was the main thing your team learned during this journey?

We learned that starting simple with Atlassian's suggested  workflows helped get us up and running quickly, but that we were eager to customize the tools to really fit our needs. 

Like Jeff Tillett likes this
John Hoover July 6, 2021

@Celina Zamora , I'm a Project Manager with SEL Engineering Services. I am currently the lead proponent of using JIRA and Confluence within SEL Engineering Services for project management. However, even though I think this is the best option based on the tools and resources available for me and my company, I am faced with CONSTANT frustrations in trying to create a seamless way for my teams to interact with the two products efficiently.

Where should I go to find the "Best Practices" used by large organizations that are managing complex projects with waterfall and agile project management aspects?

I feel like most everything I find in the Atlassian Community is either:

- "Beginner" items like how to list JIRA issues on a confluence page
or
- "Advanced" items like someone asking if it is possible to update a Confluence Task List from Linked JIRA Stories and someone saying "Nope, not possible" or "here's some created code that doesn't really do what you want and can only be inserted by admins".

I like the Jira and Confluence Atlassian products but I need an Intermediate/Advanced user guide that shows me the Best Practices available for Project Managers and exactly how to accomplish those things.  Where should I look for that? Where do I find out how the Atlassian project managers use Jira and Confluence for their major, internal projects that involve things like facility upgrades? Or are they using custom code in their projects not available to the general Atlassian user?

Like # people like this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2024

This great discussion article can use some TLC, so let's spark it with a recent update:

What is one way Atlassian products have shifted the way your team works?

Using collaboration tools like Jira and Confluence have helped us to open up our work in progress. Wiping the blind spots, opening up 1:1 comments & questions to the entire team.

How have Atlassian products helped your team overcome a significant challenge?

By using AND integrating Atlassian products we are on a journey:

• From siloed information and knowledge to discoverable info
  • From aiming for the final perfect way to sharing early, along the way
  • From criticism at the end of the line to continuous, productive feedback loops

What was the main thing your team learned during this journey?

We learned that Atlassian offers endless resources to use their tools for teams. Their tagline "Impossible Alone" shows how collaboration makes the impossible, possible.

Like Jeff Tillett likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events