2017 11 16 NOVA AUG November to Remember the Basics

Billy Poggi AUG NOVA_ DC
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2017

A gathering place for the notes from Thursdays event.  :)

Selfiev3.jpg

3 comments

Comment

Billy Poggi AUG NOVA_ DC
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2017

Here's some snippets from Jess Hall's talk: 

Product Mindset
Build for Outcomes
-- Seek first to understand, then work and test
Minimize Time to Value
-- make it small and deliver it quickly
-- move forward without certainty
-- put the product in your customer's hands
-- Solve for Today with Tomorrow in Mind
-- Prioritize Ruthlessly
-- Put something in their hands
Excel at Change
-- Continuously learn and rapid adapt
-- Be willing to change direction or abandon work
-- Work in a way...

Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2017

Hi Billy!

I'm interested in the concept of collections for AUGs - a few questions!

1. Do you forsee one collection per AUG, so that members can just watch the whole collection (specific to the AUG they attend)?
  2. Are you planning on having a discussion thread per-event, like they did with Summit talks?
  3. I like that you provided some notes - is your goal that the Leader or an appointed "scribe" provide these each time, either in the initial discussion body or as one of the first comments in discussion?
  4. What other discussions do you think might be relevant to "every AUG"? Notes from Meetings is the one you've put here, maybe 'possible topics for future meetings' might be another, etc?
Billy Poggi AUG NOVA_ DC
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 17, 2017

Woot, @Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_++ !  Way to be the first to respond!  

1. This was an example of this event.  Here's our group page, that I'll try to keep updated with the events going forward.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Teamwork-discussions/Norther-Virginia-Atlassian-User-Group/m-p/460635#M1

2. I didn't have a real plan.  I was more like 'we've got this community thing, let's be open to new ideas and mentions from the community here'  

3. If it's the AUG Leader taking notes, great!  If it's someone else, even greater!  

4. Sure!  Anything and everything really!  Perhaps this can function as the place to put the speaker notes or slides or just the selfies :)

Billy Poggi AUG NOVA_ DC
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 17, 2017

I'm trying to post a selfie group shot from the event, but having a heck of a time figuring out the limits/ requirements for posting a pic.

(Edit: I figured it out, details below)

Billy Poggi AUG NOVA_ DC
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 17, 2017

Selfiev3.jpg

- Size under 3mb

- Click on image once inserted, click and drag on bottom left corner until image fits in text box

- Add a caption at the bottom if you like! 

Billy Poggi AUG NOVA_ DC
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 17, 2017

AUGinaction.jpg

Here's the AUG in action!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events