Tips & Lessons for 2022: Never lose efficiency

Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2022

Advice: 

Always give yourself and your team enough time to think and organize your work-life schedule in a balanced and efficient way. 

Relevance for today: 

With the remote-first approach, we started to work more, stay up late, and sometimes lose balance. Take the time to optimize and refine the team's daily schedule and workload without compromising the time for family, food, and fresh air.

💙 😌

4 comments

Comment

YEIXON ARMANDO PINZON BERMUDEZ January 18, 2022

Hi, Teodora greetings from Colombia, thank you for your councils. I think the balance in life and even more so when we work remotely.

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2022

It's an entire new World to improve. Greetings from Bulgaria @YEIXON ARMANDO PINZON BERMUDEZ

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 18, 2022

Thanks for sharing this tip, @Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_ ! I strongly agree that efforts to maintain work-life balance are of utmost importance, given the current remote work scenario.

Community Leader
Community Leader
January 18, 2022

Yes, absolutely. We all saw the massive burnout last year. It's too easy to lose track when you can be online 24/7

Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 18, 2022

Yes. I've seen that some folks who have transitioned from in-office to remote work have tried to accomplish the same scope of work even though it takes them longer due to their in-office practices not translating well remotely.

But, if we make efficiency and effectiveness a priority, we can 1) create better practices to accomplish the same work and 2) perhaps change thee scope of what needs to be accomplished.

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 18, 2022

Yes, and we saw the opposite scenario of people managing their work in shorter time frames and becoming more organized. Interestingly, this led to them overwhelming with work and entirely losing perspective of work and life balance.

Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2022

Hi @Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_ 

Totally agree, there was even a time when I started to make an hourly calendar of the activities

I wanted to do with my family to regain order and block hours for activities with them, because the remote approach and confinement caused the breakdown of schedules and priorities
Fortunately, there is always the possibility of redirecting situations

Cheers

Community Leader
Community Leader
January 19, 2022

Thanks for sharing, @Vero Rivas!

You are a great example of being mindful about when to overachieve and when to take time. Sometimes I find myself neglecting home and family because of work. After forcing a habit of noticing such things, my internal alarm always rings a bell :)

Cheers!

Like Vero Rivas likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events