New member introductions to the Teamwork Lab group

Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 4, 2021

If you're new, welcome!

The way the members of this group engage with each other is entirely based on the type of members that join. Thank you for bringing an open mind, thoughtful questions, and any wisdom you have to share with others seeking different perspectives.

All that said, our members will benefit from knowing the type of people that join this group. Perhaps knowing your background will spark a question. Perhaps the teams or type of company you work with will generate solidarity. Perhaps you have the most unique situation and others want to learn more about what they don't know. Whatever the case, consider responding to at least two of the icebreaker questions in the comments.

Tell us about yourself and pick at least two of these icebreaker questions to answer.

1. What type of team or company do you work for and what makes it unique?
  2. What is an antiquated way of working and how would you want to see it change?
  3. What do you hope to get out of this group?
  4. What do you hope to bring to this group?
  5. If we held fortnightly Q&As (scheduled "Ask Me Anything" discussions), what kind of subject matter experts (SMEs) do you have questions for?

32 comments

Comment

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2021

@Christine P_ Dela Rosa - love this icebreaker intro idea!

1. What type of team or company do you work for and what makes it unique? I work with a SWAT team of engineers at a large firm. While we all bring a special set of skills to the table, we could always use a little more structure. No pun intended.
  2. What do you hope to get out of this group? I love looking for lifehacks (including workhacks). Discovering fresh ways to encourage collaboration helps in any situation, work or personal.
Like # people like this
Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 20, 2021

I'm hoping for workhacks, too! I feel like we'll need to do some prompting to bring them out at first, but eventually, I'm hoping folks just share their wisdom.

And bring on the puns, @Dave Liao , unintended or not wink

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2021

@Christine P_ Dela Rosa - ah, I've been told many times by the Communiteam to include all the puns. 🤣

Like Christine P_ Dela Rosa likes this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 20, 2021

Hi @Christine P_ Dela Rosa thank you for starting this thread.

I work for a biopharmaceuticals client with 80,000+ employees relentlessly working in developing life saving medicines. The uniqueness about the client is they are open for ideas, suggestions, welcoming change and constructive feedback.

2. What do you hope to get out of this group?

The plethora of knowledge, experiences that addressed issues, better ways of seeing and working using tools that sustain for long and has potential improvements.

Like # people like this
Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
July 20, 2021

So great to hear that the client is open to feedback and change! That's at the core of growth, right, @G subramanyam At the same time, it's sad that this trait is unique when that should be foundational for great teams.

Let's hope this group takes that cue and embodies the idea of sustainable growth.

Like # people like this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 20, 2021

Yes @Christine P_ Dela Rosa their is a reason behind my point. In my experience, the projects with other organizations had preferred to go with existing flows as a safe bet rather than envisioning change and it's stance in the long run. That made me to place the "foundational" areas as unique set when I see my current client welcome changes and don't shy away for trying their hands.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 7, 2021

80k employees is a lot!! I can’t fathom how one would navigate the hallways there. wink

I would love to understand more about how you manage Atlassian products and productivity in such an environment.

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 20, 2021

I work for a media company, which produces a couple of daily radio shows, several podcasts, live events, a couple of books a year, and LOTS of content in general - blogs, articles, landing pages, curriculum, etc. So we are very unique in the types of team members using Jira and how interconnected everyone is. 

We are fast growing - adding a dozen people every two weeks - and just topped 1,000 team members. So I am interested how others have scaled up effectively without spending all of your time in meetings.

I have more than 25 years of work experience, so hopefully I can contribute the experience I have as to what not to do. :-)

Would love some SME expert advice on how to let workers have plenty of heads down time working while also collaborating as needed to keep ideas fresh and flowing. 

Like # people like this
Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
July 26, 2021

Wowowee, @John Funk - that's a lot of content development and a lot of years of experience within that. We absolutely can use your expertise.

As for SME info you're looking for, we'll be sure to get some folks sharing knowing on balancing individual deep work against the wide spectrum of team engagement. Growing topic for sure.

Like John Funk likes this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 23, 2021
  1. What type of team or company do you work for and what makes it unique? I work on a team that focuses on modernizing old systems.  This includes applications, business processes, policy, etc.  
  2. What is an antiquated way of working and how would you want to see it change? I think anyone who is not flexible and willing to change is antiquated.  Being nimble and able to quickly change to improve the team, productivity, and overcome issues is key.
  3. What do you hope to get out of this group?  Learn from others so I can change and improve my team.
  4. What do you hope to bring to this group? Lots of experience shaping teams and changing the culture around teams.
Like # people like this
Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
July 26, 2021

@Brant Schroeder ! 

Modernizing old systems is legitimately what every company needs, so I bet your workplace is high in demand. It's also right in line with your philosophy on willingness to change and grow AND joining this group.

I'm so happy you're here laugh

Jose Luis Gaitan Hernandez
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 24, 2021

Well, let's go

- What type of team or company do you work for and what makes it unique?

I work as a Agile Coach in an Information Technologies company in Madrid, Spain, called Entelgy.

- What is an antiquated way of working and how would you want to see it change?

I love to help people in my teams to embrace change, to adapt them to a changing world and to see the human side on the job.

- What do you hope to get out of this group?

I hope to learn a lot from the marvellous people in this groups and I hope to be a better person.

- What do you hope to bring to this group?

I hope to bring my enthusiasm and my effort to be better day by day.

Thanks a lot to all!!! :)

Like # people like this
Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
July 26, 2021

Hi @Jose Luis Gaitan Hernandez ! I'm based in San Francisco, so I'm always curious to hear from folks outside the US to see if there are cultural approaches to agile. I'm finding that's true, but I don't know all the nuances.

Beyond evolving ways of working, you sound very into evolving yourself (and others). I'm all about that and want to see that energy infused into this group. And since you're here and active, I'm hopeful that this group will indeed grow to embody that.

Love it. Love that philosophy. Love that you're bringing it.

Community Leader
Community Leader
July 28, 2021

thanks, @Christine P_ Dela Rosa , I love to hear for other people lovers of Agility. I would be more pleasure to be in touch with ypu to share experiences, knowledge, etc.

Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
July 28, 2021

I have a feeling there will be many "agility enthusiasts" in this group, @Jose Luis Gaitan Hernandez. You're in the right place cheeky 

Community Leader
Community Leader
July 29, 2021

thanks, @Christine P_ Dela Rosa . Let's stay in touch. I have my linkedin address in my profile...

Martina Banev July 26, 2021

Hello!

I currently work at a private company whose mission it is to make car buying easier through content, data, and research tools. I hope to get lots of support here with best practices for change management. 

Thank you,

Martina

Like # people like this
Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
July 26, 2021

Welp, this group is new as well! We just started this month so you are actually one of this group's pioneers, @Martina Banev smile

And as for defined sandboxes, you and I are of a similar mind. I think too much structure can stifle, but if I had to pick a side, I'd say companies would benefit from a little more structure. Guidelines are meant to create order and improve work so I see them as generally positive.

As for your company's upcoming transition, you're probably right that there will be organizational changes, so you're wise to anticipate it. Will part of your role be to help transition the company? 

Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
July 26, 2021

That's a big journey! Well, we're here if you ever want to bounce ideas off the members. Even if it's just needing affirmation that you're on the right track...cuz if anyone gets it, this group does. 

Good luck!

Like # people like this
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 28, 2021

Hi,

I'm sorry I always forget to introduce myself after I join some new group.

1. What type of team or company do you work for and what makes it unique? Currently I work for a software company, which provides complex services - development, design, marketing, BI, consulting... where one team ends, the second starts, so we are capable of doing almost everything for the customers... which is something I really like... I'm part of the consulting team with a specialization to... wait for it... surprisingly... Atlassian :-)
  2. What is an antiquated way of working and how would you want to see it change? I would love to see happy people, who like what they do for a living... 
Like # people like this
Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
July 28, 2021

You are exactly on time, @Hana Kučerová ! 

And thank you for sharing your company focus...I feel like we're gonna have a lot in common wink

And as for your anntiiquated way of working to do away with...how refreshing! There is A TON of research (in addition to Atlassian's Open research) that prove happier teams are healthier and therefore more effective teams. So for that to be the default expectation, versus a pleasant surprise, is exactly what we should all hope for. Excellent answer!

Like Hana Kučerová likes this
Huwen Arnone
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
July 30, 2021

Hi, I work in the Marketing department from DEISER: Atlassian Platinum Solution Partners Enterprise based in Spain (with a worldwide reach, actually), and answering directly to some icebreakers:

What do you hope to get out of this group?
To learn; I think that's always my primary motivation in whatever I do. I've already passed through a couple of posts from this group, and those have been quite insightful. So, I'm grateful already.

What do you hope to bring to this group?
To pay with the same coin back. I would love to share something from my personal experience that could be useful to other people in this group and community.

Like # people like this
Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
July 30, 2021

What a balanced "give and take" answer! Wonderful to have you here, @Huwen Arnone .

Like Huwen Arnone likes this
Huwen Arnone
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
August 2, 2021

Everything is about that @Christine P_ Dela Rosa thank you for being so welcoming 🙈

Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
August 2, 2021

Please. I'm just pumped that you're here @Huwen Arnone laugh

Like Huwen Arnone likes this
Huwen Arnone
Solutions Partner
August 3, 2021

giphy

High five, then!!

Paloma Fondon Araujo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2021

Hi all!!

Currently I work for a software company atSistemas, which provides services ... In my case, I am part of the Atlassian community and I carry out consultancies with clients and parameterizations according to the requirements they provide us. I love my work!!

The old-fashioned way of working is one in which companies do not focus on making employees feel good, companies that do, provide confidence, flexibility, support ... in my case my company provides me with all those things and more, and I am delighted!!

Like # people like this
Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
August 3, 2021

Hi, @Paloma Fondon Araujo!

Sounds like you have a lot of adapting for different clients, and in turn, different sets of change management. I'm excited to learn from you here.

Regarding a lack of focus on employee morale, I agree with you. It has been scientifically proven time and again that happier teams are both healthier and higher performing. It's time companies make individual and team health a priority and not just when burnout is high. Great point!

Like Paloma Fondon Araujo likes this
Paloma Fondon Araujo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2021

Hi @Christine P_ Dela Rosa

We are really in constant change and therefore learning and it is really fun, it is true that there are customers of all kinds, but it is very rewarding to start a new project with the illusion of helping customers in their day to day, (in my case) with Atlassian tools. Some people do not manage change well, it makes them leave their comfort zone and that is not comfortable, but I also think that you have to have an open mind and a great team by your side and things just flow.

I totally agree with you, I have worked in other companies in the sector and I can compare and affirm that the culture of team building, making people feel good and be part of the joint decision making and not unilateral, makes you want to improve every day in what you do and this ultimately has a direct impact on customers.

Happy employees = satisfied customers.

Thank you for your response. Best regards!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 7, 2021

Hello all! I am late to the game introducing myself here as I’ve been part of the group for few weeks now. I had a few moments so thought I would take this opportunity to complete the task.

1. i’ve been working for my current company for about five years now. Historically I have been leading software and hardware engineering teams in product development. However in my current company my role is quite different. I am much more focused on operations and services. I still run the engineering and IT teams but it’s just a different end product if you will.
  2. There’s a lot of great things about the company I work for now however there are a lot of old ways of thinking and doing things. I continually look to improve and to make the company more productive scalable and current. In fact this is where Atlassian fits in pretty heavily. I’ve had recently good success in moving the company towards where I think we should be but there’s still plenty of opportunity. A number of people still live in breathe by spreadsheets for project management. Some folks just simply do not wish to change.
  3. I am always interested in hearing from others and how they bring about change in their organization. Well I have been around a long time and then a lot in many different companies I always pick up some little tidbit of goodness from talking to others.
  4. Given my experience in my past I certainly hope that I can take the time to contribute to this group and share the things that have made me and my teams successful.
  5. Given my past experiences and my current focus I would love to have Q and a sessions around non-development team operations. It would be great to learn from others how they leverage products such as those Atlassian provides to garner improvements in our teams work more affectively.
Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 9, 2021

@Jack Brickey - welcome, Jack!

Re: #1, I feel the same way - ITSM is very much a product-oriented operation. What IS in our service catalog, and why? What isn't in our service catalog, and why? Who are our customers, and how can we best serve them?

Re: #2 and #3, I've been able to convince a number of folks to move from Excel docs on a shared drive to using Google Sheets. It's a stepping stone to getting folks onto something like Confluence Cloud. It's always a challenge trying to find the right collection of tools to get the job done.

Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
August 7, 2021

@Jack Brickey good think you started your comment as you did because I was like…”huh, I think I already know, Jack.” cheeky

And wow, it sounds like you not only help teams evolve, but that your diversity in types of teams you work with is wide-ranging as well. I’ll be sure to look out for Q&A opportunities with companies and teams that are not in the product development space. Because to your point, different teams need very different approaches to working together and improving their ways of working together.

Cheers!

Like # people like this
Christophe Noualhat August 11, 2021

Hi all ! 

I work for a company creating software for the manufacturing sector (CAD, Augmented reality, production analysis and reports...) 
We're arounf 7'000 worldwide and I'm part of a small team of 70 split between Canada and the US. I'm one of the 2 jira admins for that team and have a side gig as a PM ;)

1. What is an antiquated way of working and how would you want to see it change?

Our management still relies on waterfall/excel methods and tools....

1. What do you hope to get out of this group?

moral support ? ;) 
tips and tricks, real life experiences on successfuly challenging the status quo

1. What do you hope to bring to this group?

Some of my own experience, as the one managing our Jira cloud instance, I constantly seek to improve my collegues' experience with Jira so I do a lot of research on plugins available etc..

1. If we held fortnightly Q&As (scheduled "Ask Me Anything" discussions), what kind of subject matter experts (SMEs) do you have questions for?

Project management / financial reporting / integration with ERPs

Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
August 11, 2021

Welcome, @Christophe Noualhat ! 

First of all, it's so interesting how some parts of a company utilize one way of working and another using a different way. It sounds like you wish management would adopt the same agile methodologies that your teams practice. I know that scaling agile can be tough, so maybe your management team can join this group and get some tips wink ...maybe even from you haha.

As for moral support, you've come to the right place! Our Jira Admins group has a lot of discussions about how to utilize Jira there, but we're also available to chat.

Regarding your SME requests, are the topics you suggested regarding their application to Jira or in general?

Christophe Noualhat August 12, 2021

Thanks @Christine 

Yes, some parts of our company globally use jira/agile/scrum but there are pockets of resistance in the management here and there relying on previous methods

As for the SME requests, as they relate to JIRA, i.e. how can we best

- do project management using Jira

- do financial reporting using Jira

- integrate Jira with ERPs etc...

We found ways to close this gaps but I'm sure there are other ways, better ways :)

Like # people like this
Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
August 12, 2021

OK that makes sense! Thank you for sharing, @Christophe Noualhat !

Like # people like this
Hakeem Olasupo
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 11, 2021

Thanks for sharing

Benoit LOOF August 12, 2021

Hi everyone, hereafter are my answers to the proposed questions : 

What type of team or company do you work for and what makes it unique? I am working in a “steering” team, in the IT department of a large french company that works in the waste recycling sector.

What is an antiquated way of working and how would you want to see it change? several teams still don’t see the advantages of working with Jira, i’d like to convince them of their benefits.

What do you hope to get out of this group? New ideas of working. Help to solve problems 

What do you hope to bring to this group? Help to solve problems 

Have a good day !

Like Dave Liao likes this
Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
August 12, 2021

@Benoit LOOF I love your company mission. And your being on a steering committee is a perfect role for someone in this group. Welcome!

Benoit LOOF August 13, 2021

@Christine P_ Dela Rosa thank you. But to be clear, i am not a member of a steering committee, just a member of a transversal team called "steering" ;o)

Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
August 13, 2021

Ah, makes sense and thanks for the clarification!.cheeky

Lesa Miller October 18, 2021
    I work for an InsurTech company.  
  2. What is an antiquated way of working and how would you want to see it change?
    I'm new to Jira and would like to make sure we are setting it up in a way that compliments Scrum.
    We just purchased Jira and I've been tasked with being the administrator.  With being a newbie I have lots of questions! Setting things up is #1 priority!
    Once I start seeing my way around I'd like to contribute what worked and what didn't work for us for others.
  5. If we held fortnightly Q&As (scheduled "Ask Me Anything" discussions), what kind of subject matter experts (SMEs) do you have questions for?
    Right now, anything will help!
Like # people like this
Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
October 19, 2021

Love this "open to anything" kind of attitude you've got going here, @Lesa Miller. That fits right in w/ this group's vibe :)

Anton Prokhozhy October 18, 2021

Hi All. My name is Anton, I'm an Enterprise PMO Business Analyst and JIRA Admin.

1. What type of team or company do you work for and what makes it unique? Currently I am working to change processes in a fairly small IT Dev team working on BtoB fintech products. They are a recent startup with a great thirst for some agility in their delivery process.
  2. What do you hope to get out of this group? I am pretty certain that a large subset of Jira Admins are Agile coaches or have to interact with them regularly. My interest is in everything related to best practices of marrying Jira with Agile Development practices.
  3. What do you hope to bring to this group? I'm a pretty experienced Jira user and, as such, had had to set up and maintain a lot of projects with very different starting requirements. I'd be happy to share what I learned.
  4. If we held fortnightly Q&As (scheduled "Ask Me Anything" discussions), what kind of subject matter experts (SMEs) do you have questions for? Specialists in integrations with other tools. DevOps who use Jira. People with insight into Jira Admin maintenance (keeping it clean and flexible to frequent process changes).
Like # people like this
Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
October 19, 2021

This is helpful, @Anton Prokhozhy. We haven't had a ton of folks interested in technical practices so it'll give us direction for who to bring in for AMAs and article-writing. 

Like Anton Prokhozhy likes this
Thomas Schuler October 19, 2021
  1. What do you hope to get out of this group?

Expert forum for discussing topics such as how to get tools support for capacity planning across multidisciplinary R&D projects where scrum team consists of crossfunctional competencies not possible to mix and match (Hardware, SW, Firmware, Mechanical, QA). Not 1 storypoint velocity for capacity but rather 1 pr component / competence area.. 

1. If we held fortnightly Q&As (scheduled "Ask Me Anything" discussions), what kind of subject matter experts (SMEs) do you have questions for

Good practices --> Examples and inputs on how to build efficient R&D workflows from requirement engineering to quality product releases to management of SW update on products with customers..

Like # people like this
Jeremy Bledsoe October 19, 2021

I can make this somewhat short and simple.

I work for a small-staff/large-base manufacturing organization in the Memphis, TN area.  Just hit the one-year mark, and have already moved from a low-level contract SysAdmin to the Infrastructure Architect.
    Everything we do currently is antiquated.  The very fact that I am pushing to bring in Atlassian will be a tremendous benefit to this company.  I am ready to get this moving along.
    I have worked with Atlassian at Hilton, and had not done any of the admin side before starting this little endeavor, but know that it can be incredibly helpful for us.  I hope that this group can assist me in implementing this product in a more effective and efficient way.
    I consider myself a quick learner and I have decades of experience in the IT arena.  I hope that I can get some nuggets from here when needed, figure out some other things once I get past the roadblock, and then give back with the things I learn along the way.
    Oh, that is a very long list.  It'll depend on the SME, the mood, and the need.  But I'd certainly like to participate if I'm available.
Like # people like this
Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
October 19, 2021

Product rollouts (and change management in general) can happen at scale or on a team-level. Hoping that this group is all about the practices that alleviate the difficulties related to that. In other words, you're in the right place for those discussions, @Jeremy Bledsoe

Hakeem Olasupo
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 11, 2021

Hi to everyone in the group!

I'm Hakeem Olasupo, the Atlassian Community Lead at Ilorin. 

I am happy to join this community. I look forward to connect, learn, relearn and unlearn.

Cheers

Like # people like this
Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
November 11, 2021

Hi @Hakeem Olasupo !!! Very happy to have you here and looking forward to hearing your perspective on our discussions. For every article I post I end up learning a ton from this group's members.

PS - Love how you included "relearn and unlearn" in your learning cycle there. Very smart!

Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 8, 2021
  1. What type of team or company do you work for and what makes it unique? I work for a family consulting business and contract out to various organizations using Atlassian products
  2. What is an antiquated way of working and how would you want to see it change? Being stuck in the mindset that you have a specific structure that needs to work for each team instead of allowing flexibility.
  3. What do you hope to get out of this group? Learn more about working well with new teams I'm always working with different teams :)
  4. What do you hope to bring to this group? A different perspective
  5. If we held fortnightly Q&As (scheduled "Ask Me Anything" discussions), what kind of subject matter experts (SMEs) do you have questions for? I really like learning how other people use Atlassian products that might differ from the "norm"
Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
December 8, 2021

Welcome to the group, @Kristin Lyons! Your work with a variety of clients is gonna help bring diversity in perspective to us :)

Your answers are all about not settling for the status quo. I think you're a perfect fit with the other members. So glad to have you here!

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 6, 2022

I am not new at this point, but I have not been here long enough for my blue book value to have diminished too much, so I am finally posting my long overdue intro.

• What type of team or company do you work for and what makes it unique?
    • I am the COO at a Fintech that is focused on the Payments space. Although I am COO, we have a very flat organizational structure and I am in the weeds every day with our forward facing teams solving customer problems. What makes us unique is that although we are a company that boasts amazing technology at low customer cost, we lead with our service. Everyone in the organization from left to right (we cannot be top to bottom with a flat structure can we?) is hyper-focused on creating amazing customer experiences. 
  • What do you hope to get out of this group?
    • Since I've already been active in the group, this is a mulligan putt, but I'll take it! I'm looking to get out exactly what I have so far. Thought provoking conversation, ideas and concepts that will help make our people and organization smarter, better and constantly growing.  
  • What do you hope to bring to this group?
    • I hope to reciprocate that which I look to get out of the group. Quality engagement that is thought provoking and positive. If you ever see me missing the mark on that goal, call me out!
Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
January 6, 2022

It's so nice to more "formally" meet you @Andy Gladstone hahaha. And as for thought-provoking convo, please call US out if you think the group as a whole can step it up ;)

What I like so far about your interaction (which also represents many other members' behavior in the group), is that questions and answers generally help not just the user who started a convo, but anyone who might stumble upon a post. Responses to topisc are ripe for application beyond a single person's request for input.

carlosughini
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 24, 2022

Hello @Christine P_ Dela Rosa , love the idea of this icebreaker! 

1. What type of team or company do you work for and what makes it unique? I've just started working for a consulting business, which seems to be really amazing as we have the opportunity to works with different clients so we can improve different skills. :)
  2. What is an antiquated way of working and how would you want to see it change? I believe that an antiquated way of working is when you do not have the flexibility to explore your different skill sets to bring more benefits to the company. Sometimes we have passions that are outside of our position/work, and if the company knows how to explore this too, it will bring benefit for both the company and the employee.
Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
February 25, 2022

Welcome welcome welcome @carlosughini,!

Having flexibility and empowering employees is totally something I believe companies are trying to improve upon...but perhaps, without knowing which approaches will work. I'm with you. And as a consultant, you seem poised to influence others on making such a change. So glad you're in this group now 😃

Like carlosughini likes this
Tommy Augustine June 7, 2022
  1. What type of team or company do you work for and what makes it unique? I work as an Atlassian Cloud Admin for a FinTech company. I just started with them last month after spending 9 years in the SmartGrid Industry. The FinTech company I work for is very unique because their Office is five minutes from the beach (southeast coast U.S.), and the company culture is Amazing!
  2. If we held fortnightly Q&As (scheduled "Ask Me Anything" discussions), what kind of subject matter experts (SMEs) do you have questions for?
    API Experts, Automation & App Integrations Experts
Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
June 7, 2022

Welcome, @Tommy Augustine! You'll find a lot of folks like yourself in this group and the Community in general :)

We hold AMAs on a wide range of topics. We've had experts discuss hackathons, async vs sync collaboration, scaling agile across an organization, and even a team who shared lessons on the 4-day work week. Basically, this group's AMAs focus on workplace practices.

Most recently, we had workplace psychologists speak about workplace happiness and sustainable teamwork practices (here's the page). Next up, we have a coach coming to talk about the relationship between our physical bodies and how they manifest work behavior or mentalities (here's that page). The first AMA I mentioned was async and the Q&A occurred on the page while the second AMA I mentioned is going to be a live Zoom event. 

As for integration experts, maybe we can team up with some of our other Community's groups to host a join event on those more technical topics! Thanks for the suggestion!

Like Tommy Augustine likes this
Tommy Augustine June 8, 2022

Thanks! I'm really happy to find a group like this to collaborate and learn with other Atlassian Admins. I saw the psychologist's AMA yesterday (brilliant topic BTW!) and I found that to be so helpful! I think it is really really cool that Atlassian provides us that kind of AMA access to their resources! 

I have one more suggestion, and I hope you don't think I'm crazy: Add Cube Swag to the Atlassian store. My company is still in Hybrid mode, but I have noticed more colleagues coming in starting this month. I cheated and got a custom Atlassian cube rug made! Since I'm the first titled Atlassian Admin for the company, the method behind my madness was only to make it visible where the "Jira Guy" sits. But another unexpected & positive from doing this was the buzz it generated: A number of people I never met stopped at my cube to talk about Atlassian; I.T. thought I was getting better swag from the CSM on the low; and I met 4 scrum masters I never knew sat near me on the first day. One of them suggested I forward this suggestion to Atlassian because he thought it was a brilliant marketing campaign y'all are doing. 

Anyway, thanks for having me and I look forward to learning from you all!

Image from iOS.jpg  

Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
June 9, 2022

Whoaaaa! I'll bet your desk is more noticeable now :)

And yes, I'll pass along your suggestion for the team in charge of swag hahaha.

Faith November 16, 2022

Hello,

I just became the Team Lead for our Enterprise Analytics group. We have adopted Jira and Confluence as our workspace. I have been a Data Analyst for 14 years in multiple industries. I'm so glad I found this group for support, ideas, and collaboration. I also second the swag idea posted by @@Tommy AugustineAugustine. Here are my responses to the prompts:

I work for McLeod Software, and we produce the leading software for the trucking industry. https://www.mcleodsoftware.com/ 
    Having meetings about meeting - UGH!!!
  3. If we held fortnightly Q&As (scheduled "Ask Me Anything" discussions), what subject matter experts (SMEs) do you have questions for?
    Scrum Masters, Agile Experts, Training for team members
Like # people like this
Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
November 16, 2022

Great to see you in the group, @Faith

And re: your answer to the second question, I wholeheartedly agree!!

Floris van Himbergen December 8, 2022

Hello everyone!

I graduated my masters in Human-Technology Interaction earlier this year. Three months ago, I started working as a Product Owner for a small IT-team in the field of education.

What type of team or company do you work for and what makes it unique?

Since it is a smaller company I feel like my work makes a significant impact, which I like a lot. So far I have enjoyed this role a lot. Connecting with other departments and stakeholders, but also assisting the IT-team gives me a lot of energy. Soon, I have a SCRUM training course to further develop my PO skills and I am looking forward to grow in terms of feedback/communication and project planning.

What do you hope to get out of this group?

Amongst others, I am looking forward to grow in terms of feedback/communication and project planning. However, since I am new to Jira, Agile working, and the role as Product Owner, I expect to be able to learn a lot of things I did not think of before!

What do you hope to bring to this group?

I hope to share my journey and gradually increasing knowledge with others.

It is very nice to meet you all! Wishing you the best of holidays ✨

Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
December 9, 2022

Great to meet you, @Floris van Himbergen! Sounds like you're familiar with bringing folks together and facilitating smooth information and workflow. I'm sure you'll have a lot of widsom to share and will find others who have had similar work experiences to you.

Welcome welcome welcome :)

raj shaswat December 27, 2022

Hello I’m Shaswat

i work as Automation Control System Architect for Life science products.

I have past experience of Oil & Gas , Home Automation & Operation ,Maintenance , commissioning of Manufacturing industry 

My work is from initiation to final delivery of project.

System design , teams backlog, technical support for teams.

work with different stakeholders to gather requirements convert it from business case to technical aspect and work on project timeline 

Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
December 28, 2022

Welcome, @raj shaswat! It sounds like you work with, not only many people, but many people on different teams. I'm sure you'll have loads to share with the group and hopefully there will be ample content to engage with as well :)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events