cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My first discussion in this group - flexibility

Fabio Genovese
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2022

Let's start with a first article that I would like to share. I imagine this group to be a forge where experiments are carried out and modern Alchemists are tempered.

Chi erano gli alchimisti? | Sapere.it

Yes, I confess: I have a strong passion for history, but it is a teacher of life and thanks to it we are able to understand, learn and improve.

How to build a simple test system without using dedicated addons.

In this article I discuss how this can be done by simply configuring and using addons, some of which are free, that allow us to implement simple functions to help us survey and manage the tests of our applications ..... but not only. This can also be used in all areas.

The aim of this article is to demonstrate the versatility of Atlassian products and how they can help the TEAM in anything.

The article is in Italian: I write in my own language to speak to users in Italian, but it is possible to translate into English and other languages.

What do you think? I am curious about your thoughts and judgement.

Many thanks 

FABIO

4 comments

Comment

Fabio Genovese
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2022

Don't be shy. Give me your opinion

Christine P. Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 3, 2022

I don't read Italian so I didn't consume your linked article @Fabio Genovese , but I do like the idea of using products as they are without having to resort to add-ons (even though I also like add-ons). 

If you happen to have an English version, I'll be game to give it a read!

Like # people like this
Deleted user May 3, 2022

@Christine P. Dela Rosa  We Italians often write in English to help those who don't speak our language. I often know that Spaniards, Portuguese, or Chinese or Danish, or Senegalese and you can make the list longer, if they find a text written in English they can use google translator. Make an effort, translate the article and read it. I, when something really interests me, for example, I make the "effort" to read it if it is written in English by someone who, unfortunately for him, thinks it is the only language that can be used. @Fabio Genoveses article is worth to be read. 

Like Fabio Genovese likes this
Fabio Genovese
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 4, 2022

or can use direct translation. I've included a translator inside my blog so can change language. ;-)

Like Deleted user likes this
Christine P. Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 5, 2022

Didn't notice the translator on mobile but I see it on desktop for sure, @Fabio Genovese!

After reading the article, I think it makes sense! I didn't fully understand the premise until reading the whole thing, but I get it. And you're right that you can create those mini environments without add-ons.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2022

It's a good article, maybe post it as an article here in the community as well?  Lots of people would probably benefit from it.

I do tend to skip things that are not written in English, because I'd have to stop and get a translation before making the decision about whether I want to read it or not.

My browser has a built-in translation function which is quite good at translating European languages into English for my limited linguistic talents (according to my friends I only speak English and Gibberish).  It's a bit weak on languages that are not written in a language that uses the Latin alphabet.  And Welsh.

I've suggested that the community has a translate function in it, so we could choose a language to read in - google translate is pretty good, and if my browser can do it on-the-fly, I'm sure a service can.

Like # people like this
Fabio Genovese
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 4, 2022

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

Thank you for your opinion and suggestion. and don't worry. I'm SIcilian and usually I use it with my parents and relatives, Italian with my customers, Brazilian with my wife and English with all you ;-) . 

I usually rewrite articles from my blog to Atlassian group: Atlassian in Italiano (in Italian, of course). My goal is to spread knowledge for my compatriots, but I can produce English version of article and share.

In any case, I achieved my goal of being able to compare myself with others and understand their point of view. In this way we achieve something that I consider to be more than important: LEARN. 

I look forward to discussions on other occasions as well, perhaps on other topics.

Like Deleted user likes this
Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
May 13, 2022

Thanks for sharing!

That has been a real headache for me whenever I want to kick off a project.

The simpler the better

It's the mindset I am trying to build but every time I saw there are power-ups/add-ons that offer the amazing feature to tackle some pain points I just couldn't help dropping my goal of minimalism.

Oftentimes, this ends up with cumbersome workflow or the additional add-ons are seldom used at all.

Like Fabio Genovese likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events