Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Training available for Play facilitation from the Atlassian Team Playbook [no longer available]

71 comments

Opher Lichter December 6, 2022

very interesting program @Christine P. Dela Rosa - Are there any stats to share yet about how many people have completed it?

Like # people like this
Christine P. Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2022

Hi @Opher Lichter I can't give you hard numbers, but I am able to say that the majority of people got passed the cursory steps and slowed down at the rehearsal part. Some folks have finished but really, the bulk of folks are still nervous about either facilitating a sample Play with a real team or recording themselves as though they were facilitating a Play among others.

We started this certification, not because we wanted to show who was extra prepped and who wasn't, though that's certainly a perk. The bigger draw was to get people's feet wet, to give them practice time and increase that confidence level in facilitating Plays. Truth: we have overwhelming appreciation for the Atlassian Team Playbook, but one of the top two reasons cited in not following through with trying a Play, is not finding someone to facilitate the Play.

So, maybe we have to find another way to get folks more comfortable in trying out that role. From personal experience, the more times I've run a specific Play, the better I've gotten at it.

Like # people like this
Ronald Hipol December 20, 2022

Very helpful content!

Like # people like this
Tommy Augustine February 2, 2023

I have the most annoying rubber chicken for the Plays I use that require one. I give you a hint on the chicken: It's from a Disney/Pixar movie!

Like # people like this
Christine P. Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 2, 2023

@Tommy Augustine we used to use rubber chickens for Plays at Atlassian, too! Share a photo of your Hollywood chicken in action ;)

Like Amanda Barber likes this
Chris K
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2023

What an awesome program! I will check it out after my jira admin certification!

See you soon! :)

Like # people like this
Ankit April 18, 2023

Interesting! Thanks for sharing! 

Like # people like this
Teresa
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2023

Awesome!

Like # people like this
Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2023

Currently working on ACP certifications and will be done by next week :) ...next in queue is Team Playbook! Also one suggestion I had during Team23 at the Team Playbook counter was to give out a printed copy of the Playbook as a prize instead of the T-Shirt. Something which everyone would love to add to their collection!

Like Christine P. Dela Rosa likes this
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 4, 2023

This sounds very interesting! I will definitely look into it more! 

Like # people like this
Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 12, 2023

Thanks for sharing.

Like # people like this
Dam
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 19, 2023

cool ! thanks for sharing

Like # people like this
Sanjog Sigdel
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 28, 2023

@Christine P. Dela Rosa Is this article and the links still relevant in 2023?

Christine P. Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
May 28, 2023

Still @Sanjog Sigdel - yes still relevant this year!

Like Sanjog Sigdel likes this
Kate Smoliakova June 28, 2023

great!

Sayed Bares [ServiceRocket]
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 6, 2023

This is awesome!

Sayed Bares [ServiceRocket]
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 6, 2023

@Christine P. Dela Rosa On average how long do you think it will take to complete the given tasks?

Christine P. Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
July 6, 2023

@Sayed Bares [ServiceRocket] it depends on how long it takes between tasks. I think the first couple steps can happy in a day, assuming the quiz answers are mostly correct. Step 3 can be done in one sitting as well, but step 4 will require the most time so that a real Play facilitation can be scheduled. And of course, step 5’s article write-up can be done in a sitting.

Altogether, 4 of the 5 sets can span a few days. It’s step 4 that could take anywhere from a day to multiple months if scheduling takes a while for the team you want to facilitate.

Like # people like this
Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 14, 2023

Love all the idea's here. This is always a good place to learn about Teamwork and how it makes dream work.

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
alison.eyring July 25, 2023

hi @Christine P. Dela Rosa - was the decision to cancel this because of low interest or too difficult?  

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Christine P. Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
July 25, 2023

Hi @alison.eyring - great question. There are number of learning-related experiences in the planning or development stages. They may be even more valuable than this experience, and since this training's assets can still be accessed, we're trying to make room for "the new." 

And if it helps, folks who started training were healthy enough to continue it this far and so far feedback has been positive that the steps participants have gone through have helped them feel more confidence, more equipped, and therefore more willing to participate in facilitation. This is also to say that if folks read this and want to gain some passive learning, they should still read the articles listed in the training and practice by facilitating as many Plays as they can :)

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events