Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help wanted: do you have what it takes to be a Group Leader for the Teamwork Lab?

Happy half-year anniversary, Teamwork Lab!

giphy.gif

Er, belated anniversary milestone, since we crossed that mark a couple of weeks ago. In honor of that: did you know that at 6 months old, human babies...

• ...sit up on their own.
  • ...recognizes familiar faces and begins to know if someone is a stranger.
  • ...starts to look at itself in the mirror.

And like them, this is a good time to retro, acknowledge those who frequent the space and contribute good content, and most importantly, shout out all of our awesome activity!

• I've noticed that this group generates a ton of unique user views to the advice, stories, and questions posed in discussions. Translation: y'all are influencers.
  • I've noticed that this group says in intro messages that they're here to learn, but the most common posts have been responses to prompts. Translation: y'all have wisdom to share!
  • I've noticed that our differences in the way we work and the questions we pose bring the group together. Translation: there's soooo much support going on here. It's truly a "group of people" as much as it is a treasure of information.

All that said, it's time to think about how we continue to shape the group. And to do that, I'd like to spotlight a request for even more group leaders

I'm so proud of the unique energy in this group, but know from feedback that we can do even more. Here's what we're looking for:

1. On a regular basis, consider what members are more actively engaging in and what they're not. Ask and listen to what's working and what's not...at least once every four to six months. 
  2. Welcome new members to the group when they join or write an intro blog.
  3. At least twice monthly, post an article or start a discussion that leads to information that might help our members improve ways of working.

If this sounds like something you'd be interested in, there are some perks!

1. Power! Muhahaha. With great power comes great responsibility. You get administrative permissions in the group and ultimate responsibility over the health and engagement. 
  2. Creative control! One of my favorite things to do in the group is coming up with ways that not only support existing and new members, but perhaps furthers a working. For the next six months for example, it's going to be one my personal goal list to come up with experiments for this group to take back to their teams to see if we can come up with guides, workshop variations, or communication approaches that change the game for the way people collaborate. But you can come up with your own experiments and programs. And maybe, just maybe, we can find a way to reward those who participate so that your creative idea wins, research wins, our participants win, and hopefully, the "ways of working" space in general wins by evolving.  

You interested? Comment, ping, ask questions! There is no better place (imho) to influence the workspace than to influence the most human elements of teamwork.

PS - if you have feedback on what else you'd like to see in the next few months, please drop that in the comments, too!

For example, I know folks are looking for high-quality suggestions and tips (vs the type of content that sometimes results in quantity over quality contests), so one experiment I'm looking to try, is to gather input on common questions and turn them into simple image guides. My first stab at this can be found as an image one of the last comments here.

I'm eager to hear what else you hope to see from the group, because chances are, your notes will be relevant and we'll have more input to influence some of our future programs.

Thank you so much in advance everyone ❤️ 

giphy (1).gif

9 comments

Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2022

Hi @Christine P. Dela Rosa 

Thanks to you for all your energy, desire to share and be a promoter of topics, debates and transmit all your positive energy to this group, you are incredible

I think about how and what I can help and then share it

Cheers

Like Christine P. Dela Rosa likes this
nina_schmidt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 6, 2022

Happy Birthday!!! :-)

giphy

I would join the training session and if you accept me as co-group lead I'd love to support too. :-)

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2022

@Christine P. Dela Rosa fantastic idea. I WISH I had the time to participate more proactively than reactively. But alas, I have not yet read a post in this group that has successfully eliminated the bulk of my day to day responsibilities. Once that piece is published, I am onboard!

Like # people like this
Christine P. Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 7, 2022

All good, @Andy Gladstone. Aside from the leader role (and a post on how to eliminate the bulk of your daily responsibilities lol), if you have any suggestions and or asks of the group, let us know!  

Rose Eliff February 7, 2022

@Christine P. Dela Rosa - Love the encouragement to grow the leadership team here. 
Did you intend for the "More info on that" link to be accessible? I currently get an error message saying I don't have privileges. 

Christine P. Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 7, 2022

My mistake, @Rose Eliff. I thought it was public but it's only accessible once a member becomes a Group Leader. So instead, know that we have a 101 for more information on functionality accessible once you become a Leader. And if you have questions, then plop those here.

Thanks for calling it out so I could fix the article! 

Like Rose Eliff likes this
Stephen Walters February 7, 2022

Hello everyone and congratulations on reaching the 6 month milestone :-)

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 9, 2022

Happy Anniversary!  It's hard to believe the Teamwork Lab has only been around for 6 months it really feels like a staple part of the Community!

Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 10, 2022

Happy Half-year Anniversary, Teamwork Lab! This group is really producing great content for team work, lessons and tips!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events