Jira Admins - How are your users adopting Agility Boards (aka Next Gen Projects)?

Steve Valencia October 3, 2018

It appears that there's some momentum around Next-gen Projects being a nice simple way for users to get in with Jira (without the 'complexity' and extra administration etc.)

For Admins, I'm curious to ask to what extent are you promoting/advocating the use of Next-Gen projects.  Is it something that's getting traction for your teams? 

3 comments

Philipp Herzig October 4, 2018

I try to convince as many people as possible to try it. After a while you don't want to go back. It is much more fun to use and it seems obvious that in the future all projects are going in this direction. So it is good to get in touch with it early. A lot of people are missing components, versions and this kind of stuff. But if I am honest these fields were never very useful. With some simple workarounds you get the same outcomes with less fields and clutter.

Tapan Shah October 10, 2018

Just tried one and cannot use it as they don't support sub-tasks

From what I read on the forums, their (JIRA's) philosophy of what Agile boards should be prevents them from adding subtasks as a feature in Agile Boards. 

Seems like the next-gen agility template has the same issue

Erin Mihalik February 21, 2019

Does the Jira team consider the next-gen tool ready for Enterprise level software?  I am struggling with viewing it that way.  We have multiple product development teams that may have their own projects they are working on as well as singular projects that require multiple development teams.  It doesn't seem that that can be managed in one next-gen project at this time. In its current state, would you expect our company to create multiple next-gen projects for each product/development backlog?  If we did that, is there then a way to create one consolidated roadmap?  OR is there a way where an Epic level item could have Story level items in multiple next gen projects?

This all being said, I love the feel of next gen and would love to get the company to use it but these questions and concerns will be brought to light.

Thanks so much!

Philipp Herzig February 21, 2019

In my opionon it is always helpful to simplify processes as much as possible. The tricky task is to convince the team. I would suggest you try it with multiple projects. You can always group issues with a field like label if this is necessery and use it in a dashboard to create an overview. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events