Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ever forgotten to save the last change to an issue description?

Michiel Ariens January 29, 2020

I often end up adding context or downright altering acceptance criteria in issue descriptions and then forgetting to click save. This has happened maybe 10 times in the last few months. The result is confusion at best and delivery of outdated acceptance criteria at worst. I'm unhappy because the increment is not what I expected. Dev is not happy as they delivered what they were asked to deliver and need to rework. Founders aren't happy because we're wasting time and money. And all of this just because the tool's ergonomics lead users to regularly forget to save changes. I would love to have the option to autosave changes in the description or at least to be prompted "you have unsaved changes" when closing a page or navigating away from the ticket. 

This has got to be a pretty simple feature to implement and I hope I have convinced you that this feature would have huge actual financial value to us in the cost savings we'd make by not messing up the save. 

2 comments

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 29, 2020

This will be a great feature @Michiel Ariens 

I think Atlassian is not doing this just to maintain similarity with other text fields in product. But I could have wrote you an add-on to do this, but as you are on cloud this is not possible.

So, hope for Atlassian team get this done.

Mario Jäckle April 26, 2021

Yes, that really is annoying... one is writing a 5 paragraph description on what needs to be done and then maybe changing a label... no it's not obvious that I missed the saving and I can simple click on the overlay to hide the edit screen... and boooom, changes gone... (if I not enter the ticket again by change and maybe see the save button)

I know, my own fault, there is a save button etc. but really, that is bad ui design. Why not autosave, save as a draft, or at least ask when leaving the edit screen? should be no big deal!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events