Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud Next-Gen Non-Sprint Kanplan project automation for moving issue from backlog to board?

brian.ross March 22, 2021

It is my understanding that this is impossible to do because in non-sprint, kanban projects with a backlog, there is no way for automation to move an item from the backlog to the board when the status of an item changes. 

This has been an issue for more than a year and it seems there is ample desire for it. Is Atlassian working on this at all or is this something that is not going to happen? 

To re-iterate: I do not want to enable Sprints. I simply want my issues to get out of the Backlog if their status changes from the default (or a custom configured set of statuses that should never show in the Backlog, or Statuses that should only show in the Backlog). 

Currently, since this is a manual process only, it inevitably gets missed and we have issues in the Backlog that are "In Progress" and other statuses that do not make sense.

2 comments

Kevin Merritt March 24, 2021

Yes! Please make this happen. Also a backlog user without sprints!

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2021
Like Mandy Ross likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events