When trying to create a New Rule in Next Gen Automation, constantly redirected to Rule details

Anna Prein April 29, 2020

Trying to create a New rule in the Next Gen Automation. However, even after defining a name for the rule and trying to define a trigger, I am returned to the Rule details view.

Repro:

1) Create a new rule. On the initial Rule details, give it a name and select "Save and set trigger".
2) On following New trigger view, select any trigger.
3) Returned to the Rule details view (though I see that the trigger has correctly been selected, via the sidebar).

If at this point I click on the trigger from the sidebar,  I can see that view correctly, and edit it. However, it's impossible to add branches, actions, or conditions:

1) Click on "Add component".
2) See the Rule details view.
3) Click on "Add component" again. 
4) See the correct New component view.
5) Click on "New condition".
6) See the Rule details view...

(and so on)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2020

Hi @Anna Prein,

The behavior you are seeing is related to a bug, according to this post the issue should be fixed now, https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Jira-Automation-Quirky-Behavior/qaq-p/1365054 

Suggest an answer