Query guidance on how to have multiple labels assigned to a story show on dashboard uniquely.

Josh Kitterman July 14, 2022

I am having an issue developing a query that allows for multiple labels to be assigned to single story to reflect in that fashion on dashboard.

For example:  I have 12 issues I am testing and placed the 5 labels where appropriate across the issues.  When using the below query, I get the individual label count on my dashboard and not the multiple labels uniquely assigned to that story.

labels in (Apple, Orange, Cherry, Pineapple, Banana)

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2022

You are mixing up query with display here.  They are two separate things.

A query gives you a list of issues that match.  If you choose to display that somewhere, it's up to the display to choose what to show from the list of issues.

In other words, you can't create a query that does this, it's not up to the query what gets displayed.

Josh Kitterman July 18, 2022

Thank you for the feedback.  My usage of query as a term was more along of the JQL pathway.  Ultimately, I am looking to have if multiple labels are placed on a single story to be reflected as such on a dashboard.  

Did some research and found a pathway to accomplish this search.  Appreciate the feedback from the community!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events