Not being able to manage a board - only administrator permission (owner has left)

David Schueler January 23, 2023

Hi, I cannot delete items from backlog or do other things on the board that I need to as scrummaster, I am an administrator for the board so can create and close sprints but the person who is the owner of the board had left - I would like to be able to either manage this board or create a new board without restrictions so need more permissions I think- the board is 'platform & services team stratS from Project 'DSAB Infastructure & platform'.

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2023

Hi David - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Are you a project administrator for the project? You should see Project Settings menu option at the bottom of the left hand side menu. Without that role you will not be able to make changes. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2023

Yeah, I think you'll need to ask the project administrator for the same permissions. 

0 votes
David Schueler January 25, 2023

Hi John, no I don't see a project setting menu option at the bottom of the left hand side menu on the board the last option is 'test automation' that I can see. I am an administrator so can start and stop sprints but cannot delete backlog items for example

Suggest an answer