No Issues and Filters Section in NexGen Project

Riley Forester January 23, 2019

In the classic Jira projects (we used a classic scrum project) I am able to filter and search old issues including `done` stories.  The only way I seem to be able to filter done stories in the NexGen project is by label. 

Unless the ticket is thoroughly labeled I can't find `done` tickets in previous sprints unless I know the title or ticket number.  

Is there a way I can work around this or get better organized? I would like to be able to filter by "issue type" as well.  In the mean time, is there a way I can transfer over all of the nex gen project data into a classic project?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 25, 2019

Hello Riley,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

There are some ways/fields you can use to filter by issues from older sprints and by issue type in your Next-gen projects using JQL filters. Here are some of them:

1 - You can use the parameter closedSprints() and order the issues by Sprints:

Project = xyz and sprint in closedSprints() and issueytype = Story ORDER BY Sprint

2 - As you said, you can use labels to identify and return your done issues from previous Sprints. You could even configure a rule in your board to automatically add the relevant label when the issue is transitioned to Done:

Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 15.59.59.png

About your question on how you can transfer your Next-gen data to a Classic project, you can use the Bulk Operation feature by following the steps in the documentation below:

Migrate between next-gen and classic projects

Let me know if this information is useful.

Riley Forester January 25, 2019

It is useful, but not really for my scenario.  I would have to know what sprint a ticket was in, or it was assigned to in order to find a specific done ticket. Queries are useful if you know what you are looking for.  But I would like to have the capability to browse through completed issues (by assignee, sprint, etc.) to gain valuable insight into the project, customer, etc..  This is especially true for customer issues. 

I was able to migrate the project over to a classic scrum project, but the issues and filter tab in the classic scrum board is a must if I am going to put build any new projects in NexGen.  

Thank you for your help, and I hope this feedback helps you build the NexGen projects! 

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 25, 2019

You are welcome, Riley.
 I must confess you that I may have not properly understood what feature you are looking for that is available only for Classic projects and not on Next-gen.

If you could give us more insight about that (Maybe screenshots would be helpful), I would really recommend you to create a suggestion on our portal so our developers could really consider to implement it on Next-gen:

https://jira.atlassian.com/

Have a nice weekend!

Suggest an answer